Organization: City of Carrollton, TX account working for Conduent
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Carrollton, TX
This position is working for Conduent on-site at Carrollton City Hall, and no relocation compensation will be offered. Please contact Michelle Swindle at Michelle.Swindle@cityofcarrollton.com with resumes.
This is an entry level position and applicants should have a GIS certification from an accredited institution, ArcGIS I & II certifications from ESRI, or a minimum of 2 years of experience in GIS mapping and analysis.
The GIS Specialist will be a member of the GIS Team working directly with the GIS Analyst and GIS Manager to complete GIS Data Maintenance tasks and larger GIS Projects. A few of the specific tasks include:
• Data Maintenance- Entering new data and correcting existing data in GIS Enterprise Database using best practices, Carrollton data standards, and complete work within the Support Level Agreement (SLA) timeline.
• Following guidelines stated in GIS Runbooks, Knowledge Transfer Documentation Conduent handbooks, and manager feedback.
• Updating customers with weekly status of open tickets in MS SharePoint and/or HEAT ticket tracker.
• Working knowledge of Trimble GPS handheld units, and be able to export data from them.
• Mapping Support- Provide support to City Staff for specialized one-off maps using various data sources.
• Data Validation- Validate new data & corrections against data provided by stakeholder / third-party source / or other source.
• Web Map Publishing using Latitude Geographics Geocortex Essentials Software and ArcGIS Server 10.2.
• Data Integration Support- Provide support to City Staff for GIS Projects
• Analysis Support- Provide support to City Staff for specialized analysis for project specific needs.
• Reporting Support- Provide support to City Staff for specialized one-off reports using various reporting methods.
• Participate in the IT Testing phase & Implementation phase of Enterprise GIS Projects.