Organization: InterDev, LLC
Title: GIS Analyst I
Location: Tucker, GA
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
Through the public-private partnership model of government, InterDev provides IT and GIS Services to many local Cities and is offering an opportunity for a GIS Analyst to join our small collaborative team to build on and expand the City of Tucker's enterprise GIS program.
We are looking for skilled candidates with qualities including:
1. 2-5 years professional GIS experience
2. Governmental GIS experience highly preferred
3. Exceptional work ethic
4. Extremely client-focused
5. GIS technical and cartographic skills
6. Ability to bring new and innovative ideas to help build a smart community
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interest and experience in urban/city planning GIS or similar fields.
• Candidates must be client-focused. Candidates must demonstrate a “customer first” approach to job tasks; dedicated to exceeding the expectations & requirements of internal & external customers.
• User or Administrator experience with ArcGIS Online Organizational Accounts.
• Experience with Esri’s Local Government Information Model (LGIM) or other industry specific data models.
• Strong cartographic design and high-quality map production.
• Must be able to work with little supervision and oversight, yet work well in a team environment.
• Perform spatial analyses and create information products using advanced GIS geoprocessing tools and processes.
• Excellent written skills and strong oral communications skills.
• Diagnosing and “troubleshooting” of GIS and related software problems.
• Experience as a user of ArcGIS for Server and/or Portal for ArcGIS.
• Experience with SQL Server.
• Basic understanding of Python for use in field calculations, dynamic labeling, and automating workflows.
• GISP or other industry certifications.
• Experience having used Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for advanced cartographic and layout design.
• Experience with asset management systems like Cityworks, TRAKIT, EnerGov, or other.
• Educational experience including a BS degree in geography, surveying, computer science, urban planning or related field would be preferred.
Day-to-Day Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop GIS data to create information products, generate ad-hoc maps and reports to meet specific business needs of the City or its contractors.
• Maintain key datasets including zoning, land use, parks, and other city assets as well as all other existing and future datasets.
• Oversee the maintenance and integrity of enterprise GIS datasets and execute related changes to associated schema.
• Identify, analyze and solve system problems.
• Maintain, develop, implement, and improve GIS standards, policies, and procedures.
• Provide GIS training to city staff as necessary.
• Coordinate with and transfer data to and from necessary external entities.
• Develop new spatial applications and train others in the use of these applications.
Ongoing Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage (or assist) in the management of city GIS software licenses.
• Coordinate the acquisition of new spatial data and supervise the integration of these data into the organization’s GIS
• Establish, document, and manage quality control procedures
• Design, develop, test, document, and certify applications, programs and systems functionality.
• Asset Management Systems Integration
• Applications development and implementation
• Designing and implementing training plans
• Capture GIS data in different formats using GPS, smartphones, tablets, etc.
• Perform GIS data quality control, including reviewing data for completeness and accuracy identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data
• Catalog and inventory GIS data, including metadata creation.
• Provide support services for city-provided GIS software and systems.
• Prepare weekly status reports for city management & council.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org