Title: GIS Analyst
Location: South Kingstown, RI
RPS is currently seeking a GIS Analyst with strong computer and communication skills to support work requiring data management and software development for a variety of projects related to inland, coastal, and offshore modeling in their South Kingstown, Rhode Island office.
Successful candidates will work with a growing project team to integrate geospatial environmental data and numerical models. The successful candidate will prepare data for use in numerical modeling studies, perform QA/QC of model outputs and develop tools to analyze, interpret and present model results.
Ideal candidates will have an undergraduate or graduate degree related to GIS, or related environmental sciences and engineering studies. Applicants must have a strong background in understanding and managing environmental data. Programming skills (e.g. Python) are a plus.
Experience with the some or all of the following areas are required:
• Familiarity with ESRI ArcGIS suite of tools (10.x):
o ArcGIS Desktop and extensions such as Spatial Analyst, and 3D Analyst
o ESRI Geodatabases
o ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online
• Familiarity with web mapping software and web services
• GeoServer, MapServer, OpenLayers, PostGres and other Open Source mapping technologies
• Experience converting and integrating gridded and vector data from various sources
• Scripting or programming experience with Python (ArcPy, NumPy) and ArcObjects (VB .Net, VBA, VB6, C#) for automation of data integration and processing
• Cartographic experience – design of maps for reports, posters, etc.
• Technical writing
The successful applicant must have strong writing and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work on highly interactive project teams.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RPS is a global science and technology solutions company. Through consulting, environmental modeling, and application development, RPS helps a diverse client base to investigate their issues of concern and obtain functional answers. RPS, 55 Village Square Drive, South County Commons, South Kingstown, RI 02879
www.rpsgroup.com / www.asascience.com