Title: LiDAR Technician
Location: Rochester, NY
With locations in Bothell, WA and Rochester, NY, EagleView® transforms industries and changes lives by providing answers - derived primarily from world-class Pictometry imagery - to questions related to millions of residential and commercial properties, for professionals across commercial, public safety, and government markets, saving those individuals time and money while also reducing exposure to risk.
EagleView has a “work-hard, play-hard” culture and we’ve been continually named a Best Place to Work because of our belief that making the workplace fun is a key to success. Our kitchens are stocked 24/7, social, athletic and wellness opportunities are plentiful and the growth, education and potential of employees is a top priority. If you take your profession seriously, love to work hard and create something really great while having fun, this might be the right place for you.
The LiDAR Technician is an independent self-starter who is passionate about learning new things. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented math whizz who has experience working with LiDAR in some aspect. This is a great entry-level position to begin your career in GIS!
- Perform manual edits, filtering, classification, and tiling of point cloud data
- QA/QC airborne LiDAR data and complete projects
- Process and troubleshoot GNSS/IMU and LiDAR datasets
- Produce digital elevation models for the
- Photogrammetric Processing Department
- Work with others in the Photogrammetric Production
- Department as support and to develop more efficient procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Familiarity with GIS and GPS/INS systems required
- College degree or 2 years’ experience in a technical position
- Experience with LiDAR classification and software packages preferred
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
Please apply here
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.