Organization: MDA Information Systems LLC
Title: GIS Data Reviewer
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, 20878
Application Deadline: 2017-10-09
MDA Information Systems LLC has an opportunity for a GIS Data Reviewer at our HQ in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Company: MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. We are industry leaders in earth observation remote sensing technology and image processing. We build satellite ground systems that enable users to acquire and process imagery form the most sophisticated Earth-observing satellites in the world: much of the satellite imagery that you see on Google Maps was generated by our software!
Our firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government. We have excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be qualified candidate must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a US security clearance.
All candidates must pass a stereo acuity test during their interview using a stereo compilation workstation configured with Stereo Analyst on a sample photogrammetric pair.
- Perform QA/QC procedures using Esri Data Reviewer
- Develop and implement Data Reviewer checks and procedures
- Create, maintain, and disseminate Data Reviewer reports
- Create deliverable reports
- Other imagery and geospatial mapping related activities
- Minimum 3 years performing quality checks with Data Reviewer
- Minimum 2 years' experience in GIS managing Geodatabase environments
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with complex data models
- Minimum 3 years' experience validating complex geospatial data models
- Ability to perform GIS modeling
- Bachelor's degree in physical or earth sciences or technical discipline related to GIS and/or 3-5 years professional experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be eligible for a US security clearance
To be qualified, you must be a US citizen and must have the ability to obtain a US security clearance.
- Experience and/or in-depth knowledge of one or more of the following image processing software programs: SOCET Set / GXP, ERDAS Stereo Analyst, or other stereoscopic extraction
- Database experience with ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, Oracle, Postgres a plus
- Operational knowledge of Esri Workflow Manager environment and implementation
- Programming experience using Python, VBA, C++, C#, or Java a plus