Organization: GeoFields, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Houston, TX
GeoFields, Inc., a leading GIS application development, data management, and consulting firm, is expanding and presently has a GIS Analyst position open on-site at as direct client support south in Angleton, TX. GeoFields provides advanced data management solutions to the oil and gas pipeline industry. Our solutions and services support asset/facility data management, integrity/risk management, and project data management.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a progressive team of analysts, software engineers, and developers to develop and deliver comprehensive solutions for the oil and gas pipeline industry.
A GIS Analyst is responsible for day-to-day project execution and data deliverables. Projects and tasks may include but are not limited to data collection and integration, map production, advanced spatial analysis and database manipulation. The successful candidate must have at least two years of proven GIS experience. Experience with ArcGIS 10, SQL, and MS Access are required; experience with Python scripting is strongly desired; experience with linear referencing is strongly desired.
- Technical project tasks, including database design, advanced GIS analysis and modeling
- Task automation through Python scripting, Esri model builder
- Develop and work with relational and spatial databases
- Preform advanced spatial analysis
- Technical client meetings and presentations as needed
- Documentation and improvement of production processes
- Responsible for quality control of both data and process of work
- Ability to communicate task status, needs and issues to team members
- Ability to meet given task scheduling and budget requirements
- Operation of all GeoFields software to suit client needs
- University degree in Geography or related field and 2 years’ experience.
- Proven history of successful project execution
- Ability to perform advanced GIS analysis
- Thorough understanding of the ESRI product family (10.x), including ArcGIS (plus extensions), ArcSDE, ArcServer, and related products
- Ability to navigate Relational and Spatial databases in a GIS
- Strong SQL skills – a requirement for this position
- Strong communication skills
- Highly self motivated – driven to “get the job done”
- Proven history of “do it once, do it right”
Why would you want to work for us?
GeoFields, Inc., a privately held company founded in 1996, provides specialized software applications and consulting focused on the risk assessment and integrity management processes for the oil and gas pipeline operator. With offices in Atlanta, Houston and Denver, GeoFields has deployed solutions for clients in North America, the Middle East, South America and Thailand.
We are actively recruiting people who are passionate and innovative; excel at internal and external communications and who have a true sense of ownership in their work. GeoFields offers many career paths based on an employee’s willingness to learn and show initiative.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a progressive team of analysts, engineers, product managers, software engineers and developers to design and deliver comprehensive software solutions for the oil and gas pipeline industry.
Position available on-site as direct client support in Angleton, TX. Training will be provided for a six month (approx.) period in GeoFields’ office in Houston, TX, and then further on-site training will be provided for a one-two month period to initiate the on-site support.
Work Authorization: Must have U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residence Status, or be a Green Card Holder to be considered for this position
Please email your resume and supporting materials to email@example.com with the subject line GIS Staff Analyst.
Travel requirement: 0% - 5% dependent on project needs.
There is no relocation assistance available for this position
Drug screen and background check will be required
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the following address:
ATTN: JOBS - GIS Analyst (On-site)
6 00 PEACHTREE STREET
ATLANTA, GEORGIA 30308
FAX: (404) 875-2442
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
GeoFields is an EEO/AA Employer