Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Geospatial Specialists, Portland, OR
Location: Portland, OR
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for Geospatial Specialists to work onsite with our federal government client in Portland, OR. The position will assist Natural Resource Data Stewards (scientists and land title administrators) with GIS quality control/quality assurance on corporate GIS database and data migration. Additional responsibilities will include researching user requirements, designing and documenting geospatial data schemas, and automating the migration of spatial data from various internal and external sources. The position is located in Portland, OR.
• Bachelor’s degree in a natural resources field such as ecology, natural resources management, wildlife biology, botany, forestry, fisheries, soils, etc. from an accredited university.
• Master’s degree preferred in a natural resource science (Biology, Geology, Hydrology, Soil, Range, Forestry)
REQUIRED TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
• At least 3 years’ experience in the ESRI ArcGIS version 10.x suite of software
• 3 years’ experience with enterprise multiple-user (versioned) ArcSDE editing
• Skills in GIS using ESRI current version software on an enterprise system utilizing multiple versions on a Citrix farm
• Experience with natural resources field data, such as lands, minerals, hazardous materials, invasive species, timber harvests, treatments, fire, hydrology, soils or range vegetation corporate databases
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Good technical writing skills for documents such as software requirements, user guides, entity relationship diagrams, data standards, conceptual, logical and physical spatial relational database design and configuration management documents
• Specific skills and experience in using Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) for ArcGIS to migrate disparate datasets
• Experience in writing Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) or International Organization for Standardization (ISO) metadata
• Experience in using ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online web services
• Three years’ experience interviewing users to assess and document data or system needs.
• Experience in designing and editing geodatabases with related tables to a state or national standard.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
•Experience in the use of S1 mobile GIS tools or applications for ArcPad and/or Android for field data collection.
• Specific skills and experience in writing and professionally documenting python scripts
• Quality Assurance Quality Control: Work with client’s Data Stewards to research and conduct quality assurance audits of geospatial data. The audits include reporting quality control scores, writing Data Improvement Plans, coordinating for correction of errors and securing annual data use approvals on around 100 corporate datasets.
•Data Steward Liaison: Schedule, implement, track, coordinate and document annual needs assessment, quality assurance quality control meetings and custom geospatial data, cartography and analytical projects as specified by the client’s Data Stewards. Serve as a liaison between the Resource Data Stewards and the technical support staff to ensure completion of projects and improvement of data integrity.
•Technical Documentation: Document schema, data requirements, functions, system requirements, workflows, processes, results, metadata, data standards and user guides.
•Data Migration: Work with client’s Data Stewards, partners, and GIS technical staff to migrate disparate and complex relational, geospatial data systems on an ongoing basis.
•Field Office Data Management: Evaluate, develop, and test the system and user requirements for data management to ensure that functions meet the needs of field staff.
•Technical Support: Act as technical support liaison for users.
•Meeting Coordination: Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate meetings. Compile and deliver presentations at meetings and documenting meeting minutes.
•Project and Data Completion: Monitor progress of projects and data edits. Coordinate resolutions to ensure timely completion of assigned projects.
•Analysis and Research: As time and budget allows, conduct spatial patterning and trend research, data editing, tools development for web services or mobile field data collection. Cartographic, data export and graphing skills may be required to display results.
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
•OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
•National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
•Release to Obtain Credit Information
•PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.