Organization: Geographic Information Services, Inc. (GISinc)
Title: Enterprise Geospatial Analyst
Location: Denver, CO
Geographic Information Services, Inc. (GISinc) is a small business whose core purpose is to create insight through spatial technology. This is an opportunity to work with one of the leading GIS consulting organizations. We are looking for technical people that want to tackle those tough to solve problems and love delivering solutions.
If you have exceptional talent and interpersonal skills and meet the following description, please submit a detailed CV that outlines the experience and requirements to https://gisinc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2isqasy2qa2
Role: Enterprise Geospatial Analyst
The Geospatial Analyst will have primary responsibility for data management, data standards development, geodatabase modeling, data quality, metadata development, implementation documentation, and the development of physical data models to meet the business needs of the Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) Enterprise Geographic Information System (EGIS).
Candidates must be eligible for federal security clearance (DOI) and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Study and understand the business data requirements and potential users of each data type to be included with the Land Use Decision Areas data standardization effort.
• Develop and document a geodatabase schema to support and meet the business data requirements.
• Schedule, facilitate, and attend regular meetings to review work progress and schedule.
• Develop business, technical, process, and operational data documentation (metadata).
• Support in the transformation of logical models into physical models.
• Support data architecture design that maximizes use of data and components, including geospatial data architecture.
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Geography/GIS, Science, Engineering or related field
• Professional experience of greater than 2 years designing and developing data standards for a large diverse organization.
• Professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management by providing a minimum of 2 specific work examples.
• Ability to read and understand logical data models and how to develop physical geospatial schemas from logical data models.
• Ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike.
• Experience in developing written technical documentation (such as user requirements, data quality plans, metadata, data standards, white papers, etc.).
• Intermediate (or better) knowledge of ArcGIS desktop, geodatabases structure and capabilities, projections and other GIS elements.
• Experience in process modeling and in preferred experience in software coding of processes into sharable scripts.
• Knowledge of geodatabase development in a relational database environment.
• Expertise in programming (SQL and DDL).
• Onsite at the BLM National Operations Center (NOC), Denver Federal Center, Lakewood, CO.
• Travel up to 20% of the time (various workshops and/or meetings)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer
GISinc offers a full suite of base and elected benefits to all full-time employees included but not limited to: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, ESOP, PTO, Life, Long and Short-Term Disability, FSA, HSA, etc. To learn more about our award winning Personal Choice Program visit us at http://gisinc.com/our-story/joining-our-geeks!