Organization: US Solar
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Application Deadline: 2018-02-23
The GIS Analyst will perform Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tasks supporting the Site Selection team’s work. The individual must be able to handle multiple tasks and be detail oriented. This individual will work in a fluid environment and communicate with co-workers and external parties. The successful applicant will need the skills to conduct GIS tasks including preparing professional quality digital maps and creating, updating, editing, and reviewing spatial and tabular datasets. The individual must be a critical thinker and problem solver who can work independently.
Essential Duties Include:
• Utilize Esri and Open Source GIS Software to capture, create, edit, query, and manage geospatial data.
• Meet with co-workers to gather requirements and provide solutions to meet business needs.
• Create production quality maps and charts.
• Use appropriate software (e.g., MS Excel, MS Access, etc.) to perform tabular data analysis.
• Create secondary or freestanding databases to enhance US Solar’s analytical capabilities.
• Research and compile data for special studies, environmental reports, and internal memos
• Stay abreast of new geospatial trends and technologies and participate in professional organization(s).
• Assist in the production of packets for permitting applications.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record in Geography, GIS, or a related field of study
• 3-5 years of professional experience working in GIS developing GIS applications and solutions.
• Outstanding writing, communication, and teaming skills with colleagues and clients
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines across projects
• Master’s degree with a strong academic record in Geography, GIS, or a related field of study
• Proficiency in analysis using Excel, Python, SPSS, R, and/or SQL
• Proficiency in Open Source GIS software solutions
• Proficiency in relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
• Proficiency with graphics programs (Adobe, etc.)
• Utility Experience
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Email subject should read “GIS Analyst”