Title: Geospatial Analyst - Data Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Join a team of talented technology professionals in the Washington DC area building state-of-the-art web applications and data tools supporting missions critical to our nation’s communities, economy, and public safety! Apply your skills in Big Data, Analytics, and Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) to develop, enhance, automate, and manage the integration, production, quality control, analysis, reporting, visualization, and dissemination of innovative geospatial data products, maps, reports, and services. The candidate will work in an exciting multi-disciplinary environment among a team of talented and dedicated professionals in a variety of fields including Geography, Planning and Urban Development, Emergency Management, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Information Technology. The candidate will act as a lead and as a member of a team in designing, documenting, developing, improving, maintaining and supporting data integration, analysis, and map production through the project lifecycle from requirements gathering to delivery.
• Provide data production, modeling, mapping, and analysis support
• Develop and manage automated data processing workflows
• Provide data visualization and dissemination
• Support automation and incorporation of models into web and mobile applications, decision support tools, etc.
• Thorough understanding of GIS software, data, methodologies, and challenges
• Strong skills with a variety of GIS software including ESRI ArcGIS, AGOL, QGIS
• Knowledge of statistics principals and techniques
• Experience with vector and raster data, urban, cadastral, and transportation data, social and economic data, digital terrain models, weather data, imagery and remote sensing, etc.
• Experience with data evaluation and integration
• Experience with data cleansing, ETL, data processing, data warehousing, APIs
• Experience with database software (MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle, PostGres, R, etc.)
• Experience developing metadata
• Ability to turn methodologies into tools
• Familiarity with programming, coding, and scripting
• Experience with Python, ESRI ArcGIS Model Builder, etc
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to work in a high-paced environment
• Strong writing, communication, and documentation, presentation skills
• A Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, GIS Technology, Cartography, Computer Science, or related field preferred
• Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and have the ability to obtain and hold U.S. Government security clearance
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to email@example.com (with ‘Geospatial Analyst/ Data Engineer’ in the subject line).