Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst / Developer
Location: Vallejo, CA
The Sanborn Map Company is looking to fill a GIS Analyst / Developer position.
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a Spatial and Relational Database Management GIS Analyst / Developer to provide support for the Washington Office Natural Resource Manager (NRM), National Applications, Fire and Aviation Management and GIS programs. Work on this project shall require current expertise and experience with advanced GIS technologies and enterprise relational database (RDBM) skills.
This position is an on-site position in Vallejo, CA. The primary work location will be in Vallejo, CA. however; travel may occur to other Government locations.
•Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Soils, Geology, Hydrology, Geography or related degree.
•Five years of intensive and progressive experience requiring extensive use of GIS and related tools.
•Master’s degree in GIS is highly desired.
• Expertise with GIS analysis and technology including ESRI software, specifically ArcGIS 10.
• Relational database management skills
• Development experience with scripting languages including Python
• Solid SQL query/workflow experience
• Advanced knowledge of MS Access.
• Experience automating workflows
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Well established organizational skills
• Knowledge of corporate data source locations, database table structures and their appropriate use
• Knowledge or ability to learn developing and refining SQL queries of spatial and tabular information
• Knowledge or the ability to learn national databases, tables, and their appropriate use
• Experience working in Citrix and ArcGIS 10x environment supporting a Land Management agency
• Knowledge and experience working with Oracle and complete MS Office Suite software
• Knowledge or the ability to implement Mobile GIS and Web GIS using Survey123, Collector, Explorer and/or Navigator, including ArcGIS Online and/or other web-based platforms
• Use ESRI ArcGIS geodatabase, Oracle database design, Access database design and format output reports, tables, and displays assigned by numerous PMs. Examples include development and modification of regional and forest spatial and tabular queries, reports, and analysis products involving very complex and large datasets. This includes data in a broad range of subjects such as fire, roads, trails, wildlife, range, hydrography, hydrology, botany, aquatics, fisheries, heritage, geology, vegetation, and more.
• Develop new SQL queries and/or scripts to retrieve tabular and spatial information from a large variety of complex National databases
• Update existing SQL queries/workflows as needed
• Cooperate with National Fire Center staff, developers and multiple government agencies to create, update and produce GIS products including non-fire related National Applications
• Create, maintain, update, and organize user training materials
• Work with staff to convert legacy workflows into automated scripts using SQL and/or Python including but not limited to NRM and Fire Applications
• Maintain relationships with Forest and district personnel and other technical experts as necessary
• Work with Regional Subject Matter Expert(s)[SME] and business area Program Managers (PM(s)), as well as end users to resolve problems
• Attend and participate in meetings with assigned teams and PM(s) as technical SME
• Participate in field trips to forests as needed
• If required, create a knowledge transfer plan. This includes identifying and documenting:
o Project management processes
o Points of contact
o Location of technical and project management documentation
o Status of ongoing technical initiatives
o Key personnel
o Identify pending actions required
o Establish status meetings
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
• OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
• National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
• Release to Obtain Credit Information
• PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
The position may require occasional travel.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.