Organization: Water Service Corporation - Corix Texas
Title: GIS/CMMS Tech (CUTX)
Location: Austin, TX USA
GIS/CMMS Tech (CUTX)
The GIS/CMMS Tech is responsible for the development, maintenance, organization, administration and troubleshooting of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) databases. Working within the Business Unit partners, the GIS/CMMS Tech supports the in consistent implementation, design, planning, and guidance on best practices to ensure consistent, successful application of the GIS and CMMS systems locally. Additionally, the position will assist area managers with processing purchase requisitions, maintaining records for purchase orders, and maintaining relationships with critical suppliers.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS):
- Develops, maintains, organizes and distributes GIS data to support BU project planning, design and implementation.
- Analyzes GIS technology and develops plans to implement new or modified technology to help meet the needs of each the Business Unit.
- Designs and produces GIS procedures to meet established needs; tests applications to ensure the desired end results.
- Works within the Business Unit to coordinate consistent data development and maintenance practices.
- Gathers, compiles and processes GPS field data for use in GIS system.
- Develops and maintains GIS databases and keeps information current.
- Creates, plots and delivers maps for the BU and outside agencies.
- Develops GIS drawings as requested.
- Reviews GIS data and maps for accuracy and completeness. Extracts and compiles various data from the GIS system.
- Provides input to IT/GIS/CMMS/BU staff during the implementation phase to ensure that the Asset Management Plan results for the management of water and wastewater are included in the configuration of various systems.
Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS):
- Coordinates and administers the Computerized Asset Management Program (CMMS) on a local level. Performs in-house training, provides training and technical assistance.
- Modifies and maintains CMMS data to support asset data analysis. Works independently with vendors and BU users end users to assist in program development by gathering information for assets and other new and old data and information needed to allow the asset data system to function effectively; when necessary modifies asset characteristics and descriptions.
- Provides daily user support including routine troubleshooting and system and data maintenance for asset data analysis, working closely with Information Technology to evaluate responsibility for addressing specific requests.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of user profiles within the CMMS, e.g. security settings and access controls for each program user.
- Efficiently and accurately enter data into the system. Transposes data from source documents such as built into the CMMS, ArcGIS, or related databases.
- Provide input on system needs, the performance of asset data software and hardware, and improvements to the asset data analysis system.
- Process material orders and requisitions
- Review packing slips
- Maintain relationships with key vendors
- Assists in creating monthly and annual reports.
- Provides sewer location and availability information for customers, developers, contractors, realtors, property owners, etc., as requested.
- Trains and assists end users with application implementation; resolves user problems with GIS related hardware and software operations. Provides technical assistance to other GIS and/or non-GIS staff. Performs file backups.
- Contacts vendors to resolve technical problems as necessary.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation to support new and existing GIS applications, including maintenance procedures and standards.
- Maintains inventory of GIS system hardware and software.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns and complaints in area of responsibility.
- Assists with hardware and software upgrades for the asset data analysis system.
- Performs quality control checks of asset data to ensure the accuracy of all data within the system.
- Generates standard and ad-hoc reports using the standard report structure of the asset data system, and other end user reporting tools, provides information for the preparation and distribution of periodic standard location and equipment reports to support maintenance teams and management requests.
- Assists with establishing equipment records; associates the manufacturer's maintenance recommendations with the equipment records.
- Defines, compiles, and incorporates maintenance activities in the CMMS system. Provides guidance and support to end users in the operation, use, and capabilities of the CMMS.
- Maintains professional networks and attends training sessions and conferences as necessary to advance skills and keep abreast of issues and practices in all areas of responsibility.
Required: Good working knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS suite of software such as ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online or experience with an equivalent platform
Preferred: Possess knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDMS) systems such as Oracle or MS SQL Server and some knowledge of SQL.
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of the principles, theories and methods of database concepts, structures, and programming logic; and the various types, classes, uses, and interrelationships of assets within a typical municipal Public Works department.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment used. Highly skilled with CMMS software including creating, editing, and reporting on assets; and with ESRI GIS software including editing and modifying new and existing infrastructure. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Customer oriented, listens to and interprets non-technical user requests or problems; operate and use various computers, computer-aided devices and software such as graphic work stations, PCs and digitizers; communicate effectively orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff and subject matter
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across several internal work groups.
- Analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives and make sound independent decisions within established guidelines.
- Train others in the use of GIS applications.
- Highly skilled with CMMS software including creating, editing, and reporting on assets; and with ESRI GIS software including editing and modifying new and existing infrastructure.
- Organize, plan and complete projects efficiently.
Required: Bachelorís degree with a major in Geographic Information Science, Geography, Planning, Computer Science or a closely related field requiring equivalent coursework in Geographic Information Systems.
Preferred: GISP (Certified GIS Professional)
Prefer 1-3 years in GIS, CMMS or a related experience including responsible experience in the maintenance and use of a database application system; or any satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
Light to moderate physical demands, requires normal hearing and vision.
Servers, printers, networking equipment, telephone systems, handheld, PC and/or laptop, copy/fax/scan machine, telephone and other general office equipment.
Minimal travel may be required
Click on the link below to apply: