Organization: Water Service Corporation - Carolina Water Service
Title: Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst
Location: Greenville, TX USA
Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst – SC
Director of Engineering
As a member of the Engineering Team, the Geographic Information System (GIS) Manager is responsible for (1) providing spatial and other analyses of operational, financial, and other data; (2) the development and implementation of GIS-related policies and procedures; (3) supporting the development, implementation, and revisions of the asset management plan, including the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the asset registry; (4) supporting the development, implementation, and revisions of the capital plan; and (5) other tasks as assigned.
- Develops, collects, maintains, organizes, and distributes accurate data to support the planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance, and evaluation of water and wastewater systems, including, but not limited to, the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Analyzes GIS-related software and hardware and develops plans to fund and implement new or modified software or hardware (e.g., SaaS) to achieve the goals and objectives of the business unit.
- Evaluates, develops, implements, and revises GIS-related policies and procedures to achieve the goals and objectives of the business unit.
- Supports the Director of Engineering in the development, implementation, and revision of asset maintenance-related policies and procedures.
- Compiles, evaluates, and maintains GPS data.
- Develops, maintains, and updates GIS-related databases.
- Creates maps for both business unit and external stakeholders.
- Reviews and analyzes GIS data and maps for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures all work conforms to local, state, and federal governmental requirements or recommendations.
- Performs relevant and appropriate in-house GIS-related training and technical assistance for the business unit.
- Provides daily user support including routine troubleshooting and system and data maintenance for asset data analysis, working closely with Information Technology to evaluate responsibility for addressing specific requests.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of user profiles within the CMMS.
- Provides input to the business unit on system needs, the performance of asset data software and hardware, and improvements to the asset data analysis system.
- Coordinates the management and maintenance of GPS hardware and software for engineering and field operations
- Assists in creating monthly and annual reports.
- Contacts vendors to resolve technical problems, as necessary.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation to support new and existing GIS applications, including maintenance procedures and standards.
- Maintains inventory of GIS system hardware and software.
- Performs quality control / quality assurance (QA/QC) checks of asset data to ensure the accuracy of all data within the system.
- Maintains professional networks and attends training sessions and conferences, as necessary, to advance skills and keep abreast of issues and practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, regulators, and consultants.
- Recommend opportunities to improve the operational and financial performance of the business unit.
- Manages all GIS-related contracts and agreements for the business unit.
- Ensures all work complies with all relevant and appropriate federal, state, and local legal and other obligations.
Required: Exceptional experience with the ESRI’s ArcGIS (version 10.4 or higher) suite of software (e.g., ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online). Also, substantial experience with computerized maintenance management systems (e.g., Lucity), capital planning and investment systems (e.g., CapPlan), and AutoCAD.
Preferred: Knowledge of relational database management systems (RDMS) (e.g., Oracle DBMS), Microsoft SQL Server, web-enabling technologies,
- Possess strong character and the highest level of integrity. Must demonstrate the values of humility, transparency, and resiliency.
- Results-focused, detail-oriented, customer-centric, and self-motivated individual.
- Top-tier presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the principles of Effective Utility Management (EUM) and the ethic of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of asset management systems, including PAS 55 or ISO 55001.
- Knowledge of the process for both rate cases and alternative ratemaking mechanisms (e.g., water /sewer system improvement charges or “WSIC / SSIC”).
- Experience with advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) and meter data management systems (MDMS).
- Experience with SCADA and other related technologies.
- General knowledge of the principles, theories and methods of database concepts, structures, and programming logic; and the various types, classes, uses, and interrelationships of assets within a typical water and wastewater utility.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across several internal work groups.
- Analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and make sound independent decisions within established guidelines.
- Organize, plan, and complete projects efficiently.
- A strong commitment to workplace safety.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in GIS Analysis, Geography, Civil / Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Environmental Science, or related field or experience.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, or GIS Analysis; or MBA.
Preferred: GISP (Certified GIS Professional)
Required: 7-10 years of experience with ArcGIS
Required: 5-7 years of experience with water and wastewater utility systems
Required: 5-7 years of experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
Light to moderate physical demands, requires normal hearing and vision.
Servers, printers, networking equipment, telephone systems, handheld, PC and/or laptop, copy/fax/scan machine, telephone and other general office equipment.
Minimal travel may be required
If interested, please submit your application at the link below: