Organization: Z-Geoinfo Inc.
Title: GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM (GIS) ANALYST
Location: Chambersburg, PA, USA
GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM (GIS) ANALYST
Chambersburg, PA, USA
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this Job position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. Works closely with clients to identify GIS requirements and technical issues; analyzes current business processes and recommends best practice solutions.
2. Performs complex cadastral and GIS data maintenance, manipulation, analysis, extraction and generation assignments; performs data research, investigation and verification; creates and maintains files of GIS coverages for client use; codes and digitizes maps and geographical feature data into various layers; prepares projects and data for archival storage; performs record keeping and inventory; documents and files data sources and map files for future reference; responds to requests from the public for mapping data; responds to emergency mapping and information requests.
3. Prepares, plans, produces, maintains and updates a variety of maps, drawings, plans and other graphic representations displaying layers and attribute data from databases, using cartographic techniques to represent spatial data; develops and maintains data layers, using GIS tools, CAD tools and relational databases; performs detailed spatial analysis including notifications, buffering, and zone consolidation; manipulates images for electronic mapping; enters attribute data pertaining to specific features into a relational database; incorporates maps, charts, data files, spreadsheet data, documentation and text into reports.
Experience and Knowledge of:
1. GIS concepts and analytical techniques, including computerized mapping and digital data conversion, manipulation and analysis.
2. GIS database administration and management principles, methods and techniques, including quality control methods and practices.
3. Knowledge of GIS software tools and applications including but not limited to ArcGIS, ArcIMS, ArcSDE, AutoCAD suite, MS Visio and applications of MS Office Suite.
4. Principles and practices of GIS analysis and design.
5. Hardware and software applications development methods, tools and utilities applicable to the GIS system.
6. Methods, procedures and techniques for the preparation, review for accuracy and updating of lease plats and legal descriptions.
This person needs to have a BS degree with major in GIS and >5 years of GIS analyst experience. He/she is preferred to have experience with Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE 3.1).
It is noted that the candidate should be able to achieve "Secret Clearance".
Apply via email to email@example.com