Organization: Quantum Spatial
Title: Team Leader
Location: Portland, OR
The Team Leader is responsible for managing a small production team in the customer focus team. This individual supervises a team of knowledge workers who perform all of the production tasks required to move a project unit through from post-acquisition to delivery. Inward facing responsibilities include coordinating, tracking, resourcing, directing cross-training, workflow oversight, and managing production tasks performed by members of a given team, as well as HR tasks including hiring and evaluation of employees as well as guiding employees in their professional development. Outward facing responsibilities include interaction with shared services such as IT, Sales, and Finance to coordinate and assist in development efforts, scope development, and track performance metrics. Additional responsibilities include design and implementation of a cross-training program for the team.
Production Supervision and Oversight
- Asset Inventory – monitors and communicates team needs for IT, facilities and infrastructure
- Production risk management
- Cross-training direction
- Workflow oversight and knowledge
- Implementation of workflow standards and improvements
Personnel Management of Team Members
- Team member hiring
- Performance evaluation
- Team skill assessments and tracking
- Career path progression tracking, support and communication
- Professional development
- Assists with project scope development
- Coordinationon product integration
- Meeting project deadlines
- Tracks and collates team deliverables
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Team Performance
- Utilization rate
- Effective rate
- Project performance
- LEAN parameters:
- Value-add vs Non-value-add efficiency ratio
- Data production velocity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong technical aptitude and knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong writing skills
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Initiative and follow-through
- Demonstrated strategic vision
- Ability to foster career development of production team members
- Enjoys working with people
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor in times of stress
- Comfortable with ambiguity and limited direction
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with clients
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Drive
- 3+ years’ experience in both a professional and technical environment
- 1+ years’ experience leading teams
- Bachelor's degree in a management, science, or engineering program
- Masters or higher
- Client Relations Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in both a professional and technical environment
- 2+ years’ experience leading teams
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
We realize the unacceptable lack of diversity in our industry and we refuse to ignore it. We proactively address this with our office culture and hiring practices. If you are not sure whether or not you’d be a fit, we say go ahead and apply!
Please upload a letter of interest and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process.
Please include in your cover letter what equity, diversity, and inclusion means to you. We do read every cover letter and will not accept applications without them, help us get to know you!
No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
Quantum Spatial is a proud and committed Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.