Organization: Insight Global
Title: GIS Technicion
Location: San Ramon, California
If interested please reach out to Matt Whittle at 415-848-5720
• Bachelor/Associate Degree in business, technical writing, engineering, GIS or related field.
• 1-2 years of GIS experience/knowledge
• Experience with managing project data and documentation.
• Must have experience with project coordination, organization, and records management.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Detail oriented and organized
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Works well independently but able to develop collaborative relationships
• Past utility, electrical or vegetation experience
Day to Day:
Insight Global’s Manage Service Division is partnering with one of the largest utility companies to help manage and prevent fire risks in their service territory. Our client’s field inspectors are viewing thousands of miles of vegetation that are in potential high fire risk areas. Their documentation is manual and they are in need of digitization of these documents as well as providing a quality check of all the data gathered in the field to be able to make best business decisions to mitigate fires risks.
We need qualified GIS technicians to be responsible for using technical knowledge and judgement to identify document specification and efficiently incorporate these specifications into GIS models. Use skills to improve processes and procedures in documentation and transfer processes. Work diligently with a team and be focused on consistent deliverables.
· Documentation of processes, procedures, and best practices
· Documentation organization and filing
· Work in a team atmosphere to obtain data if necessary
· Provide support to team with data analysis when necessary
· Identify risks in processes, create solutions compliance documentation solutions