Organization: Local Environmental Consulting Firm
Title: CAD/GIS Technician
Description: Seeking a CAD/GIS technician to work with our team of successful Ecologists and project managers in the Southeastern United States. The work will primarily be conducted from our Tampa location, but may involve travel to various field sites as well as travel to client and/or agency meetings.
The candidate must have an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a Technical School. Experience with AUTOCAD is required. Experience with ArcGIS, GPS data collection, environmental field work, map design, and report generation in a GIS environment is desirable. Attention to detail, the ability to maintain a high level of productivity, review design for adherence to client expectations and standards, and willingness to take direction on design process and specific design elements is key. Additional requirements include the ability to speak and write clearly and concisely and the possession of strong organizational skills.
Major responsibilities of the CAD/GIS Technician include the following:
• Assisting in coordination and development of maps and graphics needed for reports and permit applications
• Preparation of Construction plans and permit drawings
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
• Performing QA/QC while showing keen attention to detail
• Preparing documentation for preliminary data requests from agencies and public sources of environmental data
• Organizing and maintaining field data
• Interpreting maps, land use plans, aerial photographs, topographic maps, etc. to use for environmental analysis
Salary is commensurate with level of experience and qualification. We offer a generous benefits package. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and have a valid driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.