Organization: Metro Consulting Associates
Title: Senior GIS Analyst
Location: Plymouth, MI USA
Metro Consulting Associates (MCA), surveying, civil engineering, land management and land planning consulting firm is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented self-starter to join our staff as Sr. GIS Analyst.
The Sr. GIS Analyst is responsible for performing geographic and non-geographic data manipulation, management and analysis, cartography, and utilizes GIS processes using a variety of software environments.
Sr. GIS Analyst Duties & Responsibilities
- Revise existing GIS layers and create new layers following established standards and procedures
- Prepare technical documentation of project requirements, procedures, execution, and implementation plans
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, with a commitment to keeping projects on time and within budget
- Compile, manipulate, refine, and distribute geographic data from a variety of sources including public domain data warehouses, field observations, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, remote sensing and existing geographical data.
- Manage project tasks related to GIS, database design and management, and data visualization.
- Customize GIS workflow and software programs for data collection, land surveying, engineering and ecological applications.
- Produce detailed, high quality cartographic map products (digital and hardcopy) and accompanying reports in accordance with company standards and methodologies, technical guidelines, and client needs.
- Correct geospatial location of features based on aerial photography or topography
- Create high quality maps, GIS analysis, and data for reports to support a variety projects using ESRI suite of products
- Maintain exceptional internal and external client relations
- All other duties as assigned
Sr. GIS Analyst Qualifications
- Minimum five (5) years applicable experience
- Bachelorís degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or related field and/or equivalent combination of education & experience
- GIS Certified Professional (GISP) preferred
- Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS software, ESRI server and web based technologies
- Proficient in LiDAR and other mobile mapping technologies
- Solid understanding of geospatial concepts Ė projections, coordinate systems, etc.
- Strong understanding of how to extract data out of multiple formats for merging into GIS databases, such as Pipelogix, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, BS&A, and AutoCAD.
- Experience teaching GIS processes and technical concepts in a team environment
- Must possess a valid driverís license and be able to travel to the corporate office as well as local clients and project sites
- Excellent concentration and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in diverse teams including technical and non-technical personnel
- Resourceful, action-oriented, creative, and analytical thinker
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines as well as balance multiple projects by prioritizing effectively
- Strong planning, organization, preparation, and execution capabilities
- Open to new ideas, innovation, and change
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse