Organization: AgReserves Inc
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Deer Park, FL
Position Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Deseret Cattle & Citrus (Deer Park, FL)
Deseret Cattle and Citrus (DCC), located outside Orlando, FL, is part of Deseret Ranches, the Cattle operations of AgReserves, Inc., a multi-national company operating investment farms and ranches throughout the world.
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst position is a practical, hands-on position using GIS tools (ESRI product line, including, among others, the ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and other ArcGIS Apps products) to produce cartographic products for a wide range of needs in an agriculture/land-based company. The GIS Analyst will be responsible for providing solutions for the collection of accurate GPS data. Works with other departments to identify GIS needs. Responsible to digitally maintain fields/pastures, roads, legal deeds, water-related data sets, and many others. Responsible to participate in a team environment led by the corporate GIS Manager to maintain GIS standards for data, hardware, and workflow processes.
Essential Job Functions:
• Discusses specific problems to be solved, such as development of planning and modeling, mapping, or assessment of geologic and environmental factors. Recommends procedures to increase data accessibility and ease of use. Designs database and coordinates physical changes to database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations, such as points, lines, polygons, and geographic information system.
• Reviews existing and incoming data for accuracy, usefulness, quality, and documentation. Is involved with establishing data standards throughout the company and specifically within DCC’s and the Cattle operations’ Enterprise SDE geodatabase environment. Oversees entry of data into database, including application of coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning and automatic conversion to vectors, and conversion of other sources of digital data. Determines or verifies designations of cartographic symbols.
• Administers and maintains the Cattle component’s companywide Enterprise SDE Geodatabase, enforcing data standards and policies, including quality standards for data gathering.
• Develops and maintains, in cooperation with the company GIS developer(s), web-based GIS applications, not limited to server, web applications, editing, and analysis.
• Provides mapping services to DCC and the Cattle operations to enhance use and management of land and water resources.
• Maintains and corrects spatial data.
• Performs basic title research, reviews surveys, and reviews and drafts property legal descriptions.
• Is involved with maintaining data standards throughout the company and specifically within DCC’s and the Cattle operation’s Enterprise SDE geodatabase environment.
• Creates output, such as maps and graphs, using computer and GIS software and related equipment. Presents information to users and answers questions.
• Actively participates as Team member of the corporate GIS mapping group, which recommends and maintains companywide GIS standards led by the GIS Manager.
• Participate as a Production Systems team member on projects that lend themselves to be developed in a GIS environment.
• Collects high quality GPS data and is an advanced user of mobile GPS devices.
• Provides technical support for GPS field applications, e.g., tractor guidance systems, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123 for ArcGIS, Drone2Map for ArcGIS, etc., used in production agriculture.
• Trains employees on use of GIS and GPS technology within the company, providing technical assistance and policy guidance to them.
• Must be willing and able to spend up to fifty percent of their time in the field collecting GPS and other data, including exposure to outside weather conditions.
• Physically able to traverse rough terrain while gathering GIS data.
Skills and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field related to GIS/mapping and/or agriculture-related field such as agronomy. Has a combination of agriculture and GIS experience. Experience can be substituted for education depending on circumstance.
• At least five-years hands on experience with GIS and specifically geodatabases, including editing, updating, and modifying the schema using domains, relationship classes, topologies, and geometric networks.
• Professional experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS software suite.
• Exposure to production agriculture, either professional or personally, not required but desired.
• GPS experience with high end GPS units and ArcPad or similar software.
• Ability to design professional cartographic products.
• Exposure to Python and ESRI’s ArcGIS Python API.
• Experience using CAD drawings in ESRI products.
• Excellent ability to fulfill customer requests while maintaining corporate process strategy and standards.
• Excellent leadership, verbal, written, problem solving, and listening skills.
• Excellent ability to work in a team environment led by a corporate GIS Manager
• Excellent skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation. Ability to adapt to rapid and ongoing changes in technology.
Full-time employees receive excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Group Term Life, Disability, Retirement Plus Plan, 401k, Flex Spending, and other miscellaneous value-added benefits.
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com with “DCC – GIS Analyst” in the subject line.
The specific statements shown in this job description are not intended to be all- inclusive, but represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
AgReserves, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse