Organization: RJN Group
Title: GIS Coordinator
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Interested in working for the industry leader? Interested in having a substantial stake in an employee owned firm? Looking to help your neighbors and impact your local community? RJN Group employees can answer yes to all of those and more. Currently we are seeking a GIS Coordinator join the RJN family.
This is an entry-level position which includes on-the-job training and experience. Under the direction of a project manager, works in conjunction with designated staff to collect and analyze project related data in support of the overall project and corporate objectives. Analyze data which may include sanitary, combined, and storm sewer flow data, sewer system evaluation survey data, collection system maps, WWTP records, defect rehabilitation methods, rain data, pump station data, real-time data, and other similar information.
• Creates, maintains and updates databases using GIS
• Gather project information by observation, data collection devices and other methods from all relevant sources
• Processes project information by compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing or verifying information or data
• Analyzes Data or Information by identifying the underlying principles, reasons or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts
• Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job
• Provides information to supervisors and coworkers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
• Develops an understanding of collection systems, flow monitoring, I/I field investigation procedures and protocols, and I/I analysis procedures, techniques, and deliverables
• Assists project engineers in fulfilling data information needs
• Create spreadsheets, maintain databases and assist in the preparation of deliverables, reports, analysis results and recommendations
• Performs a variety of office related functions, including preparing correspondence, presentation graphics, answering phones, and responding to inquiries from clients, the public and staff
• Assists in a variety of field related functions as needed
• Other projects as assigned
Minimum Skills & Experience:
• B.S. in Geography, Geology, Computer Science, Engineering, Planning, or Environmental Science; or similar technical degree
• Perform mathematical calculations and analysis; analytical reasoning and understanding of hydraulic principles
• Familiarity in the operation of GIS equipment, including computer hardware, plotter/printer setup, and GPS
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to complete short term projects with tight deadlines
• Ability to establishes and maintain effective working relationships with employees and clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to travel up to 15%
Preferred Skills & Experience:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
• Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
• Personal Protective Equipment: None required in office.
RJN is an Employee Owned professional engineering and specialty field services firm providing sustainable collection system solutions for infrastructure owners. RJN is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 200 Environmental Firm as well as a Top 50 Trenchless Technology Design Firm.
Since 1975, RJN Group Inc. has provided our customers with value-driven engineering solutions to enable them to meet their service demands. Our employee-owned firm is capable of tackling projects of almost any scale; from small studies to multi-million dollar, total plant rehabilitations.
Our customers are also our neighbors.
We have offices from Colorado to Massachusetts. This means that our staff are supporting the communities they live in. We are locals and take pride in keeping our communities and sister cities running. Those we work for have come to associate our name with creativity, reliability and quality.
We let innovation take the lead.
We perform critical services for wastewater and water systems, relying on technology and key partnerships — such as our recent venture with MTA — to keep costs down and efficiency up.
RJN provides a very competitive benefit package including:
• Company-funded employee stock ownership plan
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability insurance benefits
• 401K matching retirement plan
• Flexible work arrangements and schedule
• Professional development opportunities
• Wellness programs
• Paid Vacation, Personal, and Sick time off
• Holiday time off
• Casual dress code
RJN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse work force.
All interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse