Organization: Coconino County
Title: GIS Analyst II
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Application Deadline: 2019-03-08
GIS Analyst II-GIS (1218)
$60,200.00 - $63,210.00 Annually
Regular Full Time
Nature of Work
As an award- winning organization with high regard for cultural diversity and the positive contributions of the many thriving cultures within our county, our nation, and our society. Coconino County leads a variety of initiatives that celebrate diversity; form our Annual Diversity Day, and monthly Heritage Lunch & Learns, to book clubs and professional development academies which target diverse workforce segments, Coconino County's respect for diversity is shared throughout the organization.
Under general supervision performs work of moderate difficulty in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) management including database design, maintenance, data analysis and interpretation, modeling support and application development and application development; performs related work as assigned.
This position is being reposted.
• Designs, develops, programs and supports integrated GIS systems
• Provides oversight and management for large projects
• Utilizes various software and extensions to perform complex GIS analysis
• Utilizes various programming languages related to GIS to develop and customize web based and /or desktop applications
• Works closely with GIS staff and departments to understand their automation needs and prepare technical specifications and recommends options to stakeholders
• Researches new technologies and methodologies for automation of GIS solutions
Essential functions include but are not limited to: walking to various county departments; sitting and using repetitive hand-wrist motion for data analysis and computer work; working around and with other staff and county departments; communicating in ordinary conversation and technical presentations
Bachelor's degree in geography, urban planning, environmental science, or related field, and four years of progressively responsible experience with Geographical Information Systems, programming, systems analysis, or integration and management, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
This position is non-exempt from overtime.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of:
- GIS software such as: ArcGIS online, ArcServer, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Desktop, 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, ArcGIS Portal
- Digitizing and data manipulation procedures for GIS; database design; computer system designs
- network concepts and testing procedures, backup and recovery procedures and security processes;
- GIS programming and customization techniques
- Database knowledge to include: SQL Server (T-SQL) RBMS, MSAccess
- Statistics and spatial data analysis
- Principles and practices of the Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Communication/data transfer languages/protocols
• Working knowledge of:
- Governmental budgeting and purchasing policies
- Network design and administration
- Cartographic principles and methods
• Ability to:
- Analyze complex data and problems and recommend appropriate systemic improvements for resolution
- Acquire knowledge and keep current of new technology trends;
- Prepare and maintain complex reports and records
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees other agencies and the public
- Work safely and support the culture of workplace safety
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Work with a team or individually to identify and prioritize tasks and develop contingency plans for multiple tasks and projects
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
420 N. San Francisco Street
Flagstaff, Arizona, 86001
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse