Organization: GISinc (Geographic Information Services, Inc.)
Title: Sr. Geospatial Analyst - Job 1335
Location: Naples, Italy
An opportunity to work with one of the leading location technology consulting organizations. We are looking for team players that aren't afraid to take on new challenges and who want to collaborate with others to provide the best solutions possible for our clients. If that sounds like you, and you want to contribute to making GISinc a Great Place to Work, then keep reading to see if this role is your perfect fit!
Role: Sr. Geospatial Analyst Naples, Italy
Candidate will collaborate with NAVFAC Atlantic UEM staff, the NAVFAC EURAFSWA Asset Management Real Property Officer (RPO), and NAVFAC EURAFSWA GeoReadiness Center (GRC) Manager to develop Regional policy and requirements for utilities real property inventory data collection, validation, maintenance, and data integrity. Provides utility system technical GIS expertise in support of Public Works and Asset Management programs and initiatives, supporting comprehensive installation master plans. Serves as utilities GIS technical expert in the EURAFSWA GRC and regarding GIS related technology. Designs spatial data coverages and associated databases and recommends workflow to create and maintain utilities spatial data. Acts as a major participant in developing and implementing standards. Perform utilities spatial data administration support and advanced spatial analysis for complex projects. Provides training and advanced level output for GIS applications. Provides advance cartographic output.
Candidates must be able to obtain a secret security clearance and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Creates/maintains utility GIS data in the Navy Data Model.
- Gather existing data from a variety of sources, including text files, drawing in CADD, GIS data, data base tables, graphics, etc. Convert older files, to the standard Navy Data Model.
- Collect GIS data in the field through direct survey.
- Attribute utility GIS data to Navy Data Model standards.
- Linking GIS data to both property records (via NFA ID) and Maximo (via Maximo Location and Equipment o Performs QA/QC of data and enforces data standards.
- Create geo-networked utility data sets.
- Support installation PWDs, EURAFSWA and LANT PWBL staff by providing
- Produce utility maps for the EURAFSWA Region in a variety of formats raging from hard-copy map books to electronic CADD drawings, and by preparing custom maps.
- Performs analysis throughout the EURASWA Region through site visits, interviews with, and/or discussions among users of existing computer-based databases, review of historical records and/or files and prepares reports of such findings
- Provides technical GIS expertise in support of planning programs and initiatives, and coordination and consultation to supported Commands to resolve specific facilities/ utility planning and land use development issues. Incumbent prepares study reports/planning products containing methodology, findings, and recommendations with supporting justification and graphics (also develops, prepares, and presents oral briefings of same)
- Collects, integrates, and analyses GIS data focusing on the utilities aspect in facility planning applications for site selection, budgeting, and design review.
- Remains current with Navy and Industry GIS data standards and software applications.
- Produces GIS products using ArcGIS Desktop applications and extensions.
- Track updates performed in GIS and iNFADS and provide a monthly report of such updates.
- Utilities Real Property Inventory & Shore Facility Analysis:
- Enable, monitor, and perform Real Property Inventory Requirements (RPIR) data population and process implementation for those data elements for which PWBL is authoritative data source.
- Serve as subject matter expert on policies, regulations, and laws governing utilities real property.
- Direct, monitor, and/or perform iNFADS updates to utilities records.
- Be a point of contact for utilities property record communications with the NAVFAC LANT real property manager and NAVFAC Information Technology Center (NITC), Port Hueneme, CA.
- Support AMBL regrading DD Form 1391 and DD Form 1354 project documentation for utility projects in “PWD Reachback” mode of operations.
- Track support provided to AMBL regarding DD From 1391 and DD Form 1354 project documentation.
- Provide technical support to PWD utility data editors/owners in the EURAFSWA Region. Assist PWDs to maintain up-to-date core facilities data required for successful planning and project execution to occur.
- Serve as EURAFSWA PWBL UEM subject matter expert for site registry reconciliation to include interfacing between GIS and Asset Management mapping functions.
- Develops related regulations, position papers, and instructions.
- Reviews Activity and PWD UEM programs for technical and program management effectiveness; makes reports and offers suggestions for improvement based on findings.
- Review equipment inventories for accuracy and recommend additions and deletions to inventory lists.
- Provide support in finding, translating and interpreting host nation technical and safety standards as they apply to performance of work.
- Complete all training the Government deems necessary. Training may be either for professional development that the Governments determines will enable the service provider to provide enhanced support, or may be on general topics such as, Equal Employment Opportunity, Sexual Harassment, Trafficking in Persons, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Skills:
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to translate technical concepts into layman’s terms
- Flexible thinker, able to troubleshoot in complex enterprise environment
- Able to operate GIS technologies, specifically ESRI, in an enterprise environment
- Ability to analyze business processes and migrate to GIS
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with a wide range of people
- Comfortable working on-site at a military installation
- In depth knowledge of GIS data development, editing and quality control procedures
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and able to multi-task
- Ability to plan, organize and manage project schedules, tasks, deliverables, and staff
- Current GISP Certification
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography/GIS, -Science, Engineering or related field (Additional education can be substituted for years of experience)
- 3+ years technical experience with ArcGIS
- Experience creating and editing geodatabases and metadata
- Experience with data modeling and geodatabase design
- Experience and data collection technologies and processes
- 1+ year GIS implementation, training and/or project management experience
Ideal (in addition to required experience):
- Working knowledge of Navy IGI&S program and technology
- Knowledge of Esri PLTS/Production Mapping and Data Reviewer
- Working knowledge of Utility and Energy data and workflows
- Enterprise geodatabase and SDE experience
- Model Builder/Python experience
- Knowledge of Federal data standards including FGDC and SDSFIE
- Existing DoD Clearance
- Business process modeling experience
- On-site at customer location Naples, IT
- Travel up to 10% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse