Organization: Manaaki Whenua - Landcare Research
Title: Geospatial Services and Projects Manager
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Application Deadline: 2019-03-31
Informatics Specialist – Services and Project Management
This is an excellent opportunity to join Manaaki Whenua - Landcare Research, a government owned research institute in New Zealand.
If you have…
* a strong focus on developing and managing the provision of innovative environmental and geospatial web-based applications
* are enthusiastic about delivering engaging geospatial data service applications that meet user needs
* are adept at assessing innovative technology options, and
* are looking for a dynamic and invigorating technological environment in which to work
….then we have the job for you.
Our established Informatics Team is seeking the right individual to work in the following areas:
environmental/geospatial applications development, operations and management; project management and technical solutions analysis on geoinformatics-focused projects. This is a great opportunity to tackle worthwhile, real-world challenges in the stimulating and rewarding area of cross-disciplinary integrated research and science information delivery.
You will be working with researchers, technical staff and stakeholders to:
* deliver digital environmental data portals, information services, and applications so that they meet user and business needs
* project manage geoinformatics and geospatially-oriented projects
* apply knowledge of geoinformatics, geospatial technology, and IT services provision, both within Manaaki Whenua and beyond, to help develop * opportunities for growth and new revenue
* uncover opportunities to use new technological solutions to better meet stakeholder and end user needs
* undertake technical evaluations of solution options
* stay abreast of technical developments and innovations relevant to Manaaki Whenua's science and promoting new opportunities to drive innovation in New Zealand's management of land resources
More information on the position and requirements can be found at https://careers.sciencenewzealand.org/jobdetails?ajid=80eO8
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5pm 31st March 2019 (New Zealand Time)
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse