Organization: CEMML - Colorado State University
Title: GIS Technician - Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson, AK
Location: Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson, AK
Application Deadline: 2019-03-25
The Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) has an open GIS Technician position at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK. For full position details and to submit application materials, please visit http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/64049. Emailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
This position serves as a GIS Technician (Research Associate I Special) for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – Alaska District Headquarters based at Joint Base Elmendorf – Richardson, AK. The incumbent will manage, maintain, and update Former Used Defense Sites (FUDS) geospatial data for active properties. The incumbent will also review and comment on contractor submitted GIS deliverables for compliance with Spatial Data Standards for Facility, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) and Alaska District Manual for Electronic Deliverables geospatial requirements for other Alaska Core of Engineers (AKCOE) programs.
Required Job Qualifications
• The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. by proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
• Minimum of a BS or BA degree in computer science, information technology, geographic information systems, geography, environmental science, or related field.
• Demonstrated work experience applying spatial data standards and maintaining metadata.
• The successful applicant shall demonstrate experience in all of the following: Esri’s ArcGIS software, cartography, and data development and maintenance.
• Other required qualifications are the ability to work independently, take initiative to resolve issues, and demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to pass the DoD background check for a Common Access Card (CAC).
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Experience working in a highly structured organization.
• Demonstrated work experience with Spatial Data Standards for Facility, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE), and International Organization Standardization (ISO) or Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) metadata standards.
• Existing National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is highly desired.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
All Contents © 1999-2018. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse