Organization: National Grid
Title: Drafting Tech
Location: Brooklyn, NY
About National Grid:
Experience the personal challenge of working for a world class organization and leader in the Utilities and Energy Industry as a Drafting Tech in the Distribution Support Department located in Canarsie, New York.
SCHEDULE: 40 Hours
1. Transcribe information as shown on field survey map, completed work order sketch or other orders, prints, sketches, etc., into the Geographic Information System (GIS). The transcription process includes the updating of facilities and the updating of specific data into the associated tables and fields in the GIS application. Run tracing and connectivity programs to validate the quality of the GIS updates.
2. Prepare map products as required for use by National Grid staff and approved contractors. Prepare sketches from rough notes on simple or standard projects.
3. Scan field historical documents, update the world map and intersection drawings (ID), support the SOP process.
4. Record in GIS, from written description or sketches, easements, rights-of-way, and land parcels of the Company. Gather information regarding easements for other departments. Perform similar or less skilled work as required.
· Maintain files and logs, plot graphs, knowledge of basic grammar, spelling, composition and business writing. Knowledge of National Grid's gas distribution system.
· Two years in this or related work.
· Employees selected for this classification will be required to participate in federally mandated drug testing programs prior to selection, randomly on a year-round basis, after an accident and for reasonable cause.
-Associates degree or GIS certificate or some knowledge of GIS
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to US Department of Transportation ("DOT") safety regulations.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Apply here: National Grid Website
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse