Organization: Sedona Fire District
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Sedona, AZ
The Sedona Fire District is seeking a GIS Analyst with a commitment to service and demonstrated accomplishments. We are seeking an individual who holds to our mission to provide safe, friendly, and dedicated service.
Top candidates must have the ability to thrive in a world class tourist region containing broad geographic diversity. This position requires critical thinking and complex problem solving to collect, analyze, and digitize spatial and tabular data to produce maps and related products for the deployment of firefighting resources as well as emergency management issues.
The GIS Analyst position reports to the Assistant Fire Chief. The Assistant Chief oversees the development of the specifications and recommendations for emergency response and performance. The GIS Analyst role is instrumental for informed operational responses, emergency preparedness, and efficient use of public safety resources for the community.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participates in development and implementation of the Sedona Fire District’s databases for GIS applications and analysis.
- Ability to create high quality maps though an effective workflow process which aligns with the end products purpose, audience, and format.
- Manages internal GIS software database programs. Runs reports and provides quantifying data. Provides needs analysis based on volume, man hours, manpower, technical needs, equipment needs, and preventative measures
- Utilizes various software and hardware to develop geographic databases to compile, convert, maintain, retrieve, analyze, display and output a variety of geographic layers.
- Proposes public initiatives based on GIS analysis of data.
- Plans, coordinates, and prepares special projects as assigned, providing initial design sheets and maps to aid other staff members in mapping activities and decision making.
- Responsible for the creation, editing, and distribution of relevant map layer information to other city, county, state, and business partner agencies as needed.
- Correlate GIS information with CAD vending solutions used by other agencies.
- Acts as liaison with related external organizations.
The Ideal Candidate will be a dedicated public servant who aligns with the fire district’s core competencies of:
- Integrity & Trust
- Ethics & Values
- Interpersonal Savvy
The successful candidate will be skilled in demonstrating:
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Inductive Reasoning
- Problem Sensitivity
- Information Ordering
QUALIFYING EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years’ experience of progressively responsible related experience in designing and building GIS databases, and coursework at a technical or vocational school or through internet technical courses OR
- Associates degree in Geography or GIS, Public Safety Administration, or a closely related field; and 5 years applicable related experience OR
- Bachelors’ degree in Geography or GIS, Public Safety Administration, or a closely related field; and 3 years applicable related experience
- Candidates must be 18 years or older at time of employment, must be able to read, write, and speak the English language and meet insurability requirements of the District’s insurance carrier.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The starting salary range for the GIS Analyst (non-exempt) position is $55,133 to $60,784 annually with the ability to earn up to $73,884 annually. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The District also offers a generous benefit package including health insurance, retirement plan, vacation and sick time, and equipment for business use.
To apply for this exciting position, please email your résumé and job application to Human Resources at [email protected]
Inquiries are welcomed and should also be directed to Human Resources at [email protected] Candidates are encouraged to further research the District's website at www.sedonafire.org.
Sedona Fire District
2860 Southwest Dr.
Sedona, AZ 86336
Safe, Friend, Dedicated
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse