Organization: Bedford County, VA Administration
Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Bedford, VA USA
Bedford County, VA
The Bedford County, VA Administration is seeking a qualified candidate to join the GIS staff as a GIS Specialist. This is a newly created position, designed to fill a necessary role within the GIS staffing hierarchy. As such, the Specialist will be responsible for a wide range of duties, both technical and administrative. These duties can include, but are not limited to:
• Providing GIS-related services to County departments, citizens, and professionals.
• Developing and administering focused web applications using ArcGIS Online and existing web portals.
• Automating common workflow procedures using Model Builder and Python scripting.
• Performing GIS analysis and reporting to support organization decision-making.
• Contributing to the design and maintenance of the GIS database, which will include data editing and quality control.
• Providing training and support to system end users; preparing written documentation in support of the GIS for workflows, procedures, and help files.
• Serving as back-up(and potential lead) to GIS Coordinator for database administration, E911 updates, administration of existing web services, and ArcGIS Online Administration.
• Occasionally doing the “little things” that will make the GIS department great!
The GIS Specialist will work under the general supervision of the County GIS Coordinator in the GIS Division.
We are a small but mature division, and we act as the one-stop shop for all geospatial-related work in the County. We support multiple departments, including: Public Safety, Real Estate, Economic Development, Community Development, Broadband, Tourism, Parks and Recreation, Social Services, Transportation. We stay busy, and we have to wear multiple hats much of the time. The GIS Specialist will be expected to do the same.
The GIS Specialist has the opportunity to make an immediate impact on County and Department operations. The incumbent will learn a lot, expand his/her technical skill set, and gain management experience.
The Specialist will do valuable – and fun!! – work.
We are looking for a candidate who is creative, dynamic, and self-motivated, and who will be genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits in order to find new solutions for County business operations.
If this sounds like the position for you, we encourage you to go to
https://www.bedfordcountyva.gov/jobs for a complete job description and application.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse