Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Geospatial Remote Sensing Web Developer
Location: Lakewood, CO
This position is located in Lakewood, CO. Travel to provide training/tech support is anticipated to be 2 times per year.
The mission of the Geospatial Imaging Section is to provide timely, effective, operational, and appropriate integration of remote sensing and photogrammetry to support the mission of the agency. The Geospatial Imaging Section is integral to the development of many different geospatial tools that are leveraging the cloud-computing power of Google Earth Engine. These geospatial projects are listed below. The agency houses several sections that are geospatial-centric including the Geospatial Imaging Section, the Data Integration Section, and the Assessment and Monitoring Section.
The NASA ROSES Land CART project is focused on providing an online mapping application for a wide variety of data users throughout the agency. The back-end calculations are being designed in Google Earth Engine by partners at UCLA. The project expects to produce time series of predicted images of indicator vegetation types for areas of interest on agency land. The initial users will likely be from the Assessment, Inventory, and Monitoring (AIM) program, and the development of a successful tool will then be marketed to other field users such as resource managers, oil and gas development, and others. The agency’s responsibility will be the long-term hosting/maintenance of the application and the front-end application design.
The candidate will develop and help standardize scripting documentation, presentations, and acceptance testing for geospatial tools released including bug-tracking and enhancement lists for new tool versions. This position will provide information, advice, and recommendations regarding the use and implementation of geospatial tools for GIS users and resource specialists alike.
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or a STEM field
• Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 4 years in development and documentation of geospatial tools in a web environment.
• Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 3 years with ESRI’s software.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike.
• Demonstrate professional experience building applications within a Cloud Environment
• Strong working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Able to troubleshoot and debug complex applications and systems
• Experience building and using Rest web services
• Preference will be given to candidates that demonstrate professional knowledge of concepts and principles of remote sensing.
• Preference shall be given to candidates that demonstrate experience applying artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision models for geospatial applications.
• Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate designing and developing Latitude Geographic’s Geocortex sites, viewers, and workflows.
The candidate shall conduct the following work in support of the Geospatial Imaging Section:
• Study, understand and document the purpose, specific requirements, and desired outcomes for each project requiring the use of an online geospatial tool.
• Design web-based geospatial imaging tools (including web interfaces/front-end) for variety of projects (chiefly including the front-end Graphical User Interface for NASA ROSES Land CART app), meeting specific requirements from the business, IT, and security components of the tool.
• Provide technical assistance to end users accessing and using geospatial tools.
• Coordinate the development, configuration and maintenance of the geospatial imaging tools developed by other employees as needed, including reuse and recycle of tool components and scripting logic and/or snippets.
• Provide trainings and reviews of geospatial tools during development for user review and feedback as well as training on use of final products.
• Identify and communicate any needed geodatabase schema and/or web service needs to appropriate Geospatial Section staff during the development of geospatial tools.
• Build and configure interactive web-maps and web-app using existing Commercial off-the-shelf products such as Google Earth Engine Apps, Latitude Geographic Geocortex, ESRI ArcGIS Online, and Portal for ArcGIS.
• Provide technical consultation on the development of tools within a Cloud Environment such as Google Earth Engine and the Google Cloud Platform
• Provide technical support with Python scripting and the ArcPy site package for ArcGIS 10.x.
• Assist in preparation of best practice documentation for the developed apps/tools.
• Participate in the monthly/weekly coordination calls, and other associated project conference calls.
• Prepare weekly status reporting
CANDIDATE PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
•OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
•National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
•Release to Obtain Credit Information
•PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse