Organization: FTI Consulting
Title: GIS Analyst (Senior Consultant)
Location: Wayne, PA USA
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $2 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2018. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting) , Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Forensic & Litigation Consulting
The Forensic and Litigation Consulting practice at FTI Consulting provides multidisciplinary, independent dispute advisory, investigative, data acquisition/analysis and forensic accounting services to the global business and legal community. Our team supports clients facing high stakes litigation, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny.
About Environmental Solutions
The Environmental Solutions Practice at FTI Consulting offers a comprehensive suite of services aimed at helping organizations deal with a specific environmental issue or programmatic challenges. The Environmental Solutions Group's services focus on the resolution of complex contamination, toxic tort, products liability and insurance disputes.
About The Opportunity
FTI Consulting Inc.'s Environmental Solutions Practice is looking for a GIS Analyst with 3+ years of professional experience. The primary responsibility of this position is to support complex engagements with geospatial analyses and data management. This responsibility requires the management, conversion, and utilization of relational information in geospatial databases as well as data stored in such formats as MS Access databases and Excel spreadsheets. Projects typically involve Superfund sites.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams (staffed by geologists, engineers, scientists, historians, etc.) and multiple projects concurrently. The position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet critical client deadlines. The ideal candidate will have experience in both geospatial and relational database environments with emphasis on the geospatial.
- Develop and manage spatially-related and other data layers and tables using ArcGIS software
- Support the development of presentations, figures, and exhibits with reporting that incorporates a high degree of precision and attention to detail
- Prepare spatial data for analyses including data improvement and enhancement, georeferencing, and tabular organization
- Perform spatial queries, data joins/relates and imports
- Apply GIS expertise to provide spatial analysis within various environmental settings and data collections, including field sample analytical data and sewer-sheds
- Contribute to development of other staff engaged in spatial, graphical, and tabular analysis of data through review of draft work products, training, and other forms of mentoring as needed to support project needs
Competencies and Skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional professional services
- Ability to work within multi-discipline teams
- Capacity to work on multiple projects with a variety of deadlines
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Professional courage with the ability to request guidance from manager
- Work management, efficient time management, ability to prioritize and focus
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Geography/GIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or another applicable field
- 3+ years GIS experience; technical experience with ESRI suite of GIS software
- Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS), in particular MS Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on attention to details
- Ability to think analytically, critically, and creatively
- GIS customization experience using resources such as Python scripting and ESRI's ModelBuilder
- MS Access customization of forms and reports
- MS Office Suite of programs
- Experience working with or a willingness to learn Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) as it relates to MS Access
- Related experience in litigation support services
- Working knowledge of a broad range of software programs and file formats, and the ability to successfully troubleshoot data compatibility issues
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
Position Classification: Exempt
Send resume to [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse