Organization: City of Bryan
Title: Engineering Project Specialist
Location: Bryan, TX
The City of Bryan is seeking qualified candidates for Engineering Project Specialist. This position prepares technically and economically viable designs for major improvements to the Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) electric distribution system. Performs project management and engineering field operations responsibilities as required to support the design and construction of major distribution capital improvement projects.
- Collaborates with Engineering and System Planning staff in the creation of Capital Improvement Plans (CIP); plans and provides estimates for CIP budget.
- Using BTU standards, industry codes, and other industry accepted design criteria, works with engineering staff, consultant engineers, and others to determine project parameters; prepares designs for major distribution capital improvement projects.
- Provides project management functions for capital and system improvement projects designed by outside engineering firms and consultants. This includes ensuring accountability for such activities as project design, QA/QC of consultant designs, material takeoff and acquisition, easements and permits, cost estimates, tracking, and project closing.
- Creates detailed designs, material takeoff and acquisition, easements and permits, and cost estimates, as needed for planning, design, construction, tracking and project closing for capital and system improvement projects.
- Supports the daily activities of projects from inception through engineering, design, construction, and final inspections, including construction redlines and GIS data collection.
- Coordinates with land acquisition consultants and land surveyors to perform right-of-way investigations, including researching, preparing, submitting, and securing the proper easements, rights-of-way, and permits as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED. Additional training and/or coursework in engineering, drafting or design is preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of technical experience in a utility related field with at least three (3) years of experience directly related to utility drafting and design.
- Must possess working knowledge of AutoCAD.
About Bryan, Texas:
Bryan is a city noted for its warmth and hospitality. It covers an area of 34.5 square miles and has a population of over 78,000. Situated in the center of the "Texas Triangle" formed by Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio, over 80% of the state's population is within a three-hour drive from Bryan. Bryan and its sister city, College Station, are also privileged to be the home of Texas A&M University and the George Bush Presidential Library.
A City of Bryan online application is required. To apply, visit the link below. Please be sure to attach a resume at the time of application. You will receive a confirmation # upon successfully applying, and may follow/track your status online.
Click here to apply
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse