Organization: Innovate!, Inc.
Title: GIS Analyst/ Developer
Location: San Francisco
Innovate! Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its geospatial solutions team as a GIS Analyst. Our team is looking for well-organized, self-directed applicants who have experience with the ArcGIS suite of desktop and server software. Familiarity with Python and other object-oriented programming languages, web deployment techniques, database management, and digital cartography is a real plus.
You will be responsible for working with a core team to manage large and small GIS projects for environmental applications. You may be called upon to assist with the design, development, and maintenance of geospatial applications through concept, design, and implementation phases.
This position is located at a client site in San Francisco, CA.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
Core Responsibilities Include:
· Interfacing with on-site clients to assist in the development of map visualizations and applications for use in the field.
· Managing the structure of geospatial datasets in enterprise libraries. This includes standardizing and documenting workflows and metadata in compliance with FGDC standards.
· Serve as a technical expert with the ability to assist clients on their small and large-scale projects.
· Automate tasks to improve efficiency in daily workflows calling on Python libraries and VBA scripts.
· Implement standards to maintain non-spatial, operational data and files.
· Maintain a positive relationship with our clients by delivering cutting edge technology and managing projects from the planning stage to delivery.
· Ability to work with ArcGIS Desktop tools, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Online.
· Must have experience with Python.
· Strong background in data management.
· Ability to manage GIS data within at least one of the following: file geodatabase or enterprise geodatabase.
· Ability to use environmental data and developing applications for visualization, analysis and presentation of environmental data.
· Ability to produce GIS applications in ArcGIS Online for standalone use using ArcGIS Online.
· Experience with mobile GIS data collection and GPS accuracy standards
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Attention to detail with a keen sense of cartographic principals and digital design.
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies, work independently, and quickly turnaround maps, application prototypes or deliverables.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, computer science, or related field.
· At least 1 year of experience implementing GIS using ArcGIS software
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
*Innovate will not sponsor applicants for work visas.*
Please visit our website at www.innovateteam.com to learn more about Innovate! Your cover letter must include your salary requirements (residents of MA are exempt from this request).
Innovate!, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse