Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc
Title: Geospatial Imaging Specialist
Location: Denver, CO
Join Sanborn’s award-winning team! Sanborn is looking for a Geospatial Imaging Specialist to provide technical expertise for geospatial imaging (remote sensing, photogrammetry, and Unmanned Aerial System) projects supporting natural and cultural resource management applications, including, but not limited to, forestry, botany, fisheries, hydrology, soils, wildlife, and fire ecology. The position is responsible for collecting data through various geospatial imaging means, preparing metadata, coordinating projects, and performing all varieties of image and photogrammetric processing. In addition, they will leverage Python, including ArcPy and Agisoft Metashape’s Python API to develop custom tools for analysis, image processing, and data management.
The position is located in Lakewood, Colorado.
Travel requirements up to 10 trips per year, to field locations to perform geospatial imaging services. Travel may take place but is not limited to, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nevada, New Mexico, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon, Washington, Utah and Wyoming.
• Bachelor’s degree in a geospatial or related discipline.
• 3 years professional experience (minimum) developing geospatial imaging products.
• Current FAA Part 107 certification.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
• Experience conducting field-based geospatial imaging projects including UAS operations, ground control collection, plot level sampling, and/or terrestrial imaging for photogrammetric data capture.
• Professional knowledge of photogrammetric and structure from motion principals including aerial triangulation (AT), semi-global matching (SGM), bundle adjustments, stereo compilation, dynamic camera calibration, and more.
• Knowledge of data validation and accuracy assessment techniques for quantification and reporting of error in geospatial datasets.
• Experience designing, managing, and maintaining geospatial databases (including Esri file and SDE geodatabases).
• Knowledge of raster, point cloud, and 3D data formats (e.g., geotiff, img, sid, jpg, ascii, las, ply, 3D PDF) and their properties, along with experience developing workflows to process these various data sources.
•Professional knowledge of concepts and principles of remote sensing (including sensors, platforms, software packages, and current science and technology trends), and high level competence in digital image processing, geographic information systems use, and other geospatial technologies.
• Direct professional experience with a variety of image processing and photogrammetric software packages including LAStools, Erdas Imagine, PhotoScan, and/or Esri’s Suite of Image-related tools.
• Professional working competence in the applications of remote sensing technology and functional abilities in geographic projections, transformation, geodetic science, database management, geographic information systems, and statistics are required.
• Proven experience working with multiple types and resolutions of remote sensing data. • Demonstrated advanced knowledge of sensor technologies and platforms such as LIDAR, aerial photography, stereo-captured commercial high resolution satellites, LANDSAT, and Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
• Professional experience coordinating multiple projects.
• Proven ability to work within a team context of diverse physical, biological, ecological, technical, and environmental sciences personnel.
• Conduct or assist in UAS, close range photogrammetry, and GPS field campaigns to capture remotely sensed datasets.
• Coordinate and track project work including field operations and logistics.
• Perform image processing procedures such as orthorectification, image registration, atmospheric and radiometric correction, and mosaicking using software including Erdas Imagine and ENVI.
• Derive spectral indices (i.e., NDVI), pan-sharpened imagery, and change detection products from remotely sensed data.
• Perform image classification and analysis to produce land and/or species cover maps, in accordance with client protocols and standards, under the supervision of the lead Remote Sensing Specialist.
• Employ open source point classification tools including LAStools, Cloud Compare, and Support Vector Machines (SVM).
• Develop orthoimagery, digital terrain models, 3-D point clouds from UAS and traditional aerial imagery using PhotoScan or similar modern photogrammetric software.
• Process Full Motion Video datasets.
• Participate in project teams providing geospatial imaging support.
• Assist in designing geospatial imaging projects in consultation with client staff and partners.
• Attend meetings, conference, and/or seminars to present work and project findings to other federal and academic interests.
• Support the development and delivery of geospatial imaging training content.
• Develop metadata for geospatial imaging datasets compliant with client and other federal standards.
• Develop and deliver geospatial training materials, including lectures, exercises, and short “how-to” documents.
• Leverage Python, including ArcPy and Agisoft Metashape’s Python API to develop custom tools for analysis, image processing, and data management.
• Provide support to end users in State, District, and Field offices on remote sensing analysis and photogrammetry, especially on using Agisoft Metashape software.
• Set up and use a linux-based high performance computing environment for photogrammetric processing or large datasets.
CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL SECURITY AND SUITABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following forms and inquiries, or their equivalent, will be used to initiate the credentialing process:
• OPM Standard Form 85 or 85P
• National Criminal History Check (NCHC)
• Release to Obtain Credit Information
• PIV card application
If selected to fill the position, a candidate would be required to pass a drug screen and satisfy the requirements of a National Criminal History Check (NCHC) to verify the identity of the individual applying for clearance and to determine the individual’s suitability for the position.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current work visa.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/Vets/Disability.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse