Title: GIS TECH
Location: Birmingham, Al
This position is responsible for interpreting, verifying and inputting data into corporate geographical information systems (GIS) system. Interaction with staff regarding GIS and CAD applications is also required. The GIS Technician position requires a high degree of attention to GIS data accuracy due to its potential safety impact to daily operations of the distribution system.
• Associate Degree in a technical field (GIS / Engineering Technology) or equivalent experience. GIS Certification is a plus.
• Experience with a Utility GIS system is a plus.
• Experience with the ESRI Suite of GIS products is a plus.
• Knowledge of the operation and construction of electrical systems.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• High degree of attention to data accuracy.
• Post updates to the GIS database.
• Data activities, in an ESRI software environment, such as editing, map production, QA/QC, metadata production and user support.
• Create specialized map products including storm maps, switch maps, and underground distribution one-line diagrams.
• Process data to support transfer of information between Distribution applications.
• Support storm restoration efforts, which could include working evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Candidates must exhibit a high awareness of safety, exhibit the Southern Style, professionalism, demonstrate initiative, leadership and be creative in developing problem solutions.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse