Organization: Optimal GEO
Title: Geospatial Analyst
Location: Athens, AL or St. Louis, MO
Primary Function : The Geospatial Analyst is responsible for performing GEOINT geospatial data creation, analysis and processing tasks relating to the development of GIS databases, the compilation of geospatial data required for multiple-scale map, and database production. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure geospatial products are in compliance with applicable specification.
• Construct spatial databases and apply attribution as needed.
• Edit spatial and tabular data.
• Create functional GIS models using both raster and vector data.
• Establish complex relational database joins and queries using ArcGIS and other commercially available software.
• Identify new processes and procedures within a project
• Work with Technical Lead on developing new or updated SOPs.
• Produce professional quality maps and tabular outputs for presentations.
• Responsible for creating orthophotos and image processing to meet customer specifications and deadlines.
• May require GPS field work to develop ground control in support of aerial imagery or LiDAR projects.
• Adhere to quality control procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Technical expertise in the areas of Geography, Photogrammetry, Cartography, Imagery Analysis, GIS, Surveying and Civil Engineering.
• Knowledge of federal government (NGA, AGC, NAVFAC, USACE, etc.) spatial data products and services.
• Knowledge of commonly applied standards including but not limited to ASPRS and FGDC.
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Ability to meet project deadlines.
• Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
Minimum: Associates degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree.
Zero to five years of directly applicable or closely related professional experience.
• Duties are performed in an office environment.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
• Must be able to identify and distinguish colors, distances and spatial relationships.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
Optimal GEO Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimal GEO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Optimal GEO expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse