Organization: Great Lakes Commission
Title: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Project Manager
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA
Application Deadline: 2020-01-31
The Great Lakes Commission is seeking a qualified, highly motivated person to serve as a Project Manager for GIS to manage and oversee projects that support a variety of initiatives and programs to promote the orderly, integrated and comprehensive development, use and conservation of the water resources of the Great Lakes Basin.
The GIS Project Manager will bring a high level of technical proficiency to a team of professionals working on a variety of GIS, data and information management projects. He/she will provide technical guidance to the project teams and will lead and guide GIS-related tasks in support of project work.
- Bachelors (advanced degree preferred) in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Information Management or related field.
Skills and Experience
- Five years of professional experience in GIS management or information management;
- Demonstrated staff management experience;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge of GIS concepts and practices;
- Advanced knowledge of GIS-related software, products and services including:
- ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Enterprise
- Python, (including arcpy)
- FME Workbench;
- Database manipulation and management, including SQL;
- Geodatabase management;
- Contracting and managing vendors and external contractors
The ideal candidate will also bring the following skills and experience:
- Familiarity with the Great Lakes Basin;
- Knowledge of water or natural resource management, planning, land use management, civil engineering, climate change, coastal resilience, and other related fields;
- Strong understanding of information technologies and key trends, how organizations are effectively applying them and how they may be appropriately applied to the GLC;
- Demonstrated success in marketing services, program development and implementation; and
- Web development, application, support, and maintenance.
This is a regular full time, position located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and serving the binational Great Lakes Basin. The GLC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as competitive retirement investment package.
Learn more about the position, responsibilities, compensation/benefits, and find out how to apply at: https://www.glc.org/news/position-available-gis-project-manager-20191223
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse