Organization: Optimal GEO
Title: GIS Program Manager
Location: Springfield, VA
Optimal GEO is in search of a GIS Program Manager with a SECRET clearance to work onsite with our client located in Springfield, VA. The employee shall provide a thorough level of knowledge and experience in geospatial program planning, management, operations, and reporting
The primary tasks will include performing Esri License administration and tracking, drafting policy documentation and recommendations to meet policies, guidance, and standards; and establishing a communications plan to enhance geospatial capabilities.
Other tasks include providing geospatial technical expertise for the review of organizational procedures and actions that require the creation or use of geospatial data and related products to ensure these adhere to standards and can be utilized in the clients systems to meet functional area mission needs.
• 5 years of experience in the Geospatial Sciences (Geography, Photogrammetry.
• Cartography, Imagery Analysis, GIS, Surveying, etc.) is required.
• Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS Professional is required.
• Experience with Esri’s ArcSDE is preferred.
• Familiar with implementing the SDSFIE family of standards and QCP implementation.
• Expertise within the DoD, specifically with DoD IE&E Geospatial Systems.
• Expertise with Microsoft Access, SharePoint, ESRI, and the most current approved version of Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) ArcGIS.
• GISP certification preferable.
· A Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, Surveying, GIS, or Geography
· Education can be substituted with an additional 5 years of experience in the Geospatial Sciences
• Duties are performed in an office environment.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
• Must be able to identify and distinguish colors, distances and spatial relationships.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
Apply by sending resume to: [email protected]
Optimal GEO Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimal GEO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Optimal GEO expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse