Organization: Optimal GEO
Title: Geospatial Data Management Specialist
Location: Ft Belvoir, VA
Optimal GEO is in search of a Geospatial Data Management Specialist with a SECRET clearance to work onsite with our client located at Ft Belvoir, VA. The primary tasks will involve performing Geographic Information System analysis and development, creating processes and procedures for tasks associated with GIS database creation, data modeling and data conversion. Other tasks include:
• Developing and implementing spatial database configuration management, maintenance, and publication procedures
• Developing computer scripts as required to publish, maintain and analyze spatial databases
• Logical and physical data modeling activities using appropriate design tools such as Entity-Relationship models
• 5 years of experience in the Geospatial Sciences (Geography, Photogrammetry, Cartography, Imagery Analysis, GIS, Surveying, etc.) is required.
• Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS Professional is required.
• Experience with Esri’s ArcSDE is preferred.
• Must be familiar with ESRI Data formats including SQL server / SDE enterprise datasets. Must be familiar with mapping data extraction. Must be familiar with ESRI Defense mapping. Must be familiar with TM50 creation. Must be familiar with TDS & GGDM data models
Through knowledge in advanced system architecture and building. Including Microsoft Server OS, IIS and Systems security. Must be knowledgeable in DISA STIG requirements, retina scans and security patches/fixes. Must have expert knowledge in Relational Database software including Oracle, SQL Server, PostGgrs. Must be able to write, edit, and implement advanced SQL statements. Must have expert knowledge in ESRI software suite including ArcGIS Server, Workflow manager, Workflow manager server, Production mapping, & Defense mapping. Must be knowledgeable in the production of TM Maps and standardized production. Must be knowledgeable in the Army GGDM data model. Must be knowledgeable in setting up and managing CAC enabled systems. Must be knowledgeable of AGC TDM System. Active Secret Clearance.
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, Surveying, GIS, or Geography.
• Education can be substituted with an additional 5 years of experience in the Geospatial Sciences.
• Duties are performed in an office environment.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
• Must be able to identify and distinguish colors, distances and spatial relationships.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
Apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/304309/Optimal-Geo-Incorporated/Geospatial-Data-Management-Specialist
Optimal GEO Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimal GEO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Optimal GEO expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse