Organization: New Light Technologies Inc.
Title: Geospatial Imagery Data Engineer
Location: Washington DC
New Light Technologies Inc. (NLT), an industry-leading cloud, agile software development, cybersecurity, data science, geospatial, research and development consultancy based in Washington DC, is currently seeking a full-time Imagery Data Engineer/Administrator to join a team of talented technology professionals building and managing information solutions that support missions critical to our nation’s communities, environment, economy, and public safety. The Geospatial Imagery Data Engineer is responsible for providing comprehensive data management and technical expertise to develop and maintain solutions for collection, processing, dissemination, archiving, exploitation, and display of digital imagery. The candidate will work with our growing interdisciplinary team using their knowledge of imagery, remote sensing, geospatial information systems (GIS), databases, storage, scripting, automation, and cloud computing to design, build and maintain robust architectures, workflows, and data pipeline solutions for efficient access, organization, standardization, analysis, review, and publishing of imagery within an operational environment. This position requires a leader, innovator, and problem-solver with solid data engineering and management experience and expertise with a range of data, including various imagery formats. This position also requires experience developing and designing new projects and solutions, coordinating projects between multiple teams with many stakeholders, and a pro-active, enthusiastic communication style.
- Lead requirements gathering and communications with imagery stakeholders, partners, vendors, users, managers, etc. to determine what business questions need to be answered and to develop custom data management workflows to support desired processes
- Keep track of recent advancements in the remote sensing industry, including satellites, imagery, and machine learning methods for their analysis
- Lead design and development of data automation, data fusion, data migration, and database development projects within the federal interagency community
- Develop data processing and automation routines (Bash, Python, or another scripting language)
- Provide remote sensing expertise to develop, apply and automate image processing routines and AI/ML/DL algorithms
- Research, design and implement solutions to improve data ingestion and integration, storage and organization, data formatting (including exif metadata), data indexing, of various data
- Develop and manage cloud-based solutions and computing environments (including AWS) for imagery storage, access, dissemination, etc.
- Compare/assess the use of different leading technologies for imagery data management, indexing, visualization, and review. Lead the implementation of chosen technologies.
- Develop protocols, processes, and solutions for detection, review, and anonymization of Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Lead and or assist in project scoping, documentation, and communications with internal and external team members.
- Knowledge of remote sensing, image analysis, modeling, geolocation and georectification, radiometric/atmospheric correction, image collection, and tasking.
- Demonstrated experience automating data engineering tasks (with Python or similar)
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing innovative products, workflows or solutions to a client
- Strong IT background and knowledge of web development, databases, and cloud technologies, products, tools, practices, image management systems.
- Experience with Linux and working in, developing, and administering server-side solutions in cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of building and maintaining web applications and websites
- Experience working with different databases and data types (PostGres, SQLServer, Mongo, APIs etc.)
- Experience with data integration, cleansing, ETL, data processing, data warehousing, etc.
- Experience with Earth observation imagery, satellite, aerial, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS); 2D,3D imagery; etc.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience leading projects between multiple teams and stakeholders
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly
- Bachelor’s in Data Science, Computer Science, Geography/GIS or a related field
- US citizenship
- Ability to obtain a federal government security clearance
- Experience with Geospatial, Remote Sensing, Imagery Processing software platforms such as Esri, ENVI, ERDAS, Etc.
- Experience with LiDAR and SAR data
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence approaches with remotely sensed data
- 5+ years work experience in a similar field
New Light Technologies Inc., based in Washington DC, provides comprehensive information technology solutions for clients in government, commercial, and non-profit sectors including extensive experience in public safety & emergency management, transportation, urban planning, demographics & economics, environmental studies, telecommunications, healthcare, and other fields. NLT specializes in DevOps enterprise-scale systems development, management, and staffing and offers unique capabilities in Cloud & IT Infrastructure Modernization, Mobile Computing, Cybersecurity, Big Data Development, Modeling & Analytics, Geospatial Information Systems, and the Development of High-Performance Web-based Visualization Solutions.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=bfa4697bee3da4bb&tk=1eedp3fl431su000.
Or send resumes and cover letter to [email protected] (with "Geospatial Imagery Data Engineer’’ in the subject line).
All Contents © 1999-2019. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse