Organization: SSP Innovations
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Milwaukee, WI
GIS Analyst is a senior-level data position that serves as the technical liaison between the data production team and GIS Developers. In this position, team members will work across multiple utilities-based projects to assist in tool and database development, data modeling, import/export of work, and participate in project start-up activities.
Work with customers and project team to analyze and document project requirements and specifications associated with implementation and configuration of software, tools, and technical processes associated with the project and deliverable compliance.
• Assist in identifying and scoping required project software and production/QA tools to support project requirements and specifications.
• Assist GIS Developer with the development, configuration, testing, and implementation of project software, production/QA tools, reports, and scripts.
• Develop tracking and project databases.
• Provide technical guidance to others as needed by sharing information and transferring knowledge to others through informal/formal training.
• Train senior project staff on tools and products.
• Develop and implement software related or tool related training materials.
• Assist in developing and analyzing logical and physical data models, including data mapping and database management.
• Provide technical assistance with data management procedures (import/export/delivery of work) to/from client and subcontractors.
• Ability to analyze complex problems, evaluate solutions, and make sound, well-structured recommendations.
• Participate in the definition and implementation of continuous improvement related to project software and production tools.
• As required, create and/or maintain advanced data production functions across projects (for gas, electric, or telecommunication commodities) using GIS-related software.
• Supporting sales activities including participating in sales calls, proposal development, and customer interviews and presentations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships, including regular interaction with client.
• Travel as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years of related technical ESRI GIS experience. Experience in the integration of GIS with other systems is a plus.
• Understanding of utilities-related data.
• Consistently detail oriented, organized, and quality focused.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate issues and potential solutions effectively.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to advance knowledge and skillset.
• Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of assigned projects.
• Excellent working knowledge of Access (QA and tracking databases).
• Advanced experience with ESRI ArcGIS, ArcFM, ArcPro, Portal (web mapping), and Utility Network (UN).
• Working knowledge of commercial RDBMS and SQL, specifically Oracle and/or SQL Server.
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education, Certifications, and/or Experience
• Degree in Geography, Computer Science, a related field, and/or equivalent work experience. Relevant certifications are preferred, but not required.
• A minimum of five progressive years of related technical experience with GIS, or within the utility
Please email resume and salary expectations to [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse