Organization: Innovate!, Inc.
Title: Onsite Geospatial Data Management Technician
Location: Lakewood, CO
Onsite Geospatial Data Management Technician
Job Description -
Salary $50,000- $60,000
Innovate! Inc. is currently seeking an Onsite Geospatial Data Management Technician to provide geospatial data management support for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). The Geospatial Data Management Technician will have primary responsibilities for geospatial data management in support of BLM. You will be working within their enterprise geospatial architecture, an environment for the collection, editing, management, analysis, mapping, printing, publishing, and sharing of geospatial data across the BLM. The Geospatial Data Management Technician is focused on creating and administering geospatial data, and providing program support through the use of configurable tools and capabilities in commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) GIS software under the Department of Interior (DOI)/ESRI enterprise license.
The candidate must have a “let me at it” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
The position is contingent upon a contract being awarded to Innovate!
Bureau of Land Management in Lakewood, CO
· Perform general GIS data maintenance tasks including bulk data loading and editing. Develop and implement ArcGIS data maintenance workflow procedures.
· Automate geodatabase management tasks and scripts.
· Provide technical guidance to stakeholders and user representatives.
· Help BLM users with technical problems using geospatial software. Support the current deployed geospatial software products and all future releases.
· Test and validate new installs, patches, and upgrade of geospatial software. Troubleshoot geospatial software issues to ensure full functionality.
· Work with variety of geospatial datasets from sources within and external to the federal government. Apply geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements.
· Assist with the implementation of FGDC-compliant metadata including verifying, writing and review metadata. Create and validate metadata to meet BLM specified standards.
· Create both hard copy and digital cartographic products. Assist with data collection, consolidation, sharing, and general data management activities.
· Work with BLM staff to document the integrity, quality, and accuracy of data used in the distribution and publication systems. Ensure that data requirements, data standards, access rules, and business rules are followed.
· Design and create data reports and reporting tools to help business executives in their decision making. Develop quality control procedures for datasets.
· Manage data in a web environment (e.g., AGOL)
· Improve the quality and accessibility of BLM geospatial data.
· Develop written technical documentation (such as user requirements, data standard reports, data standard implementation plans, data quality plans, metadata, etc.).
Education and Experience:
· The professional expertise of greater than 2 years with of ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software, including extensions such as a Spatial Analyst.
· Professional experience publishing data to ArcGIS Server
· Professional experience of greater than 1 years working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI’s ArcSDE software
· Professional experience of greater than 1 years using ESRI Portal for ArcGIS and/or ArcGIS Online for Organizations
· Professional experience creating and validating metadata to meet specified standards
Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrate professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management by providing a minimum of 1 specific work example
· Demonstrate professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements
· Demonstrate ability to communicate technical information effectively to laypersons and geospatial technical experts alike
· Demonstrate knowledge working with a variety of geospatial datasets from sources within and external to the federal government
To learn more about Innovate’s benefits, please click here: Benefits
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Innovate!, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company passionate about the dynamic benefits of providing effective management consulting, IT support, and geospatial technology for the federal government. We believe that thinking innovatively can achieve positive results in organizations that lead to cultural and business change. This belief and our ability to deliver cutting-edge solutions were recognized with Innovate being named 2012 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Outstanding 8(a) Small Business of the Year. Innovate is a fast-paced, rapidly growing group of entrepreneurs creating a culture of excellence. Rapid advancement within our organization is not only possible it is encouraged.
To view our website, visit http://www.innovateteam.com
Innovate! Inc. proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse