Organization: Motivf Corporation
Title: GIS Open Source Developer
Location: Alexandria, VA (Remote)
Open Source GIS Developer (Remote)
Use your development and custom data visualization talents for good: help the Corps of Engineers with a critical conservation project with potentially massive scale.
Motivf is looking for an open-source developer to join our Agile geospatial information systems integration team for enterprise Government clients. You will analyze incoming requirements to determine and build state-of-the-art geospatial web technologies. What will your technology do? It’ll help decisionmakers to improve large-scale land stewardship, especially as it deals with invasive species.
In this role you will have the opportunity to learn by:
* Acquiring the crucial and differentiating career experience of working for a major federal government client and developing technology used throughout the nation.
* Working directly with client staff and our internal teams to develop specifications, design new processes and procedures, facilitate testing, training, and user acceptance, and oversee rollout of your solutions.
* Working with senior program leaders and technologists to leverage industry-leading tools.
* Communicate and collaborate proactively with clients and subject matter experts to analyze information and functional needs and deliver functional requirements, business requirements, technical requirements, and user stories.
* Gather requirements through interviews, document and artifact analysis, facilitated workshop sessions, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, user stories, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
* Clearly communicate your technical decisions to your teammates and both technical and non-technical members of the client team.
* Leverage your understanding of React/React Native, D3, Leaflet, or related tools.
* Build spatial data visualizations serving the client’s need for information on where work is being done to manage invasive species.
* Manage and publish map/feature services using the agreed technology stack.
* Deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain systems using various AWS technologies.
* Support audits to verify that requirements have been met.
* U.S. Resident and ability to pass a background investigation (see https://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/security-clearance-jobs/security-clearance-eligibility.html).
* Per federal mandate, proof of completed COVID vaccination by December 8, 2021.
* Ability to articulate the impact of your technical contributions to the client mission.
* At least one demonstration of previous client work, discussing your reasoning for your decisions and articulating empathy and understanding of client objectives and strategies.
* Self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive.
* Willingness to promote Agile software development best practices.
* Manage workloads across multiple tasks.
* Strategic thinking ability with highly developed problem solving skills.
* Strong planning and execution abilities with flexibility to balance competing demands while working in a dynamic organization.
Welcome to Motivf
We are a growing consulting company that provides brands, companies, and government organizations around the world with creative teams, Design Ops leadership, human-centered design, and Agile and Lean expertise. The worlds of design, management, and technology intersect to transform the way we work, play, and communicate. Whether working remotely or on the road, we believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment and distinctive global culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
MEANING and PURPOSE at MOTIVF
* Management Culture and Philosophy: At Motivf, we seek joy at work, so we prioritize psychological safety (the #1 trait of great teams), creativity, engagement, learning, human connection, and the meaning of the work. We minimize micromanagement by practicing agile-style self-management for maximum autonomy and engagement. Team members are largely accountable to each other, while their manager’s job is to coach them to career-defining performance and otherwise stay out of the way. We strive to hire managers people want to work for.
* Purpose. Motivf is a Certified B Corporation: we meet the highest, verified standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
* How We Value People. We believe talents, like empathy and strategy, analysis and learning, and drive (or passion and motivation) lead to greater engagement by you and productivity for us than arbitrary requirements of prior experience, having the right keywords of skills or knowledge, or degrees that may not be necessary. That’s true equal opportunity, and true respect for the individual and their unique story.
Regardless of how any job description is written, if you think you can do the job, we invite you to make a case for it! We’d love to hear how your unique blend of talents and drive can equip you to succeed in this role, including as it changes over time.
CAREER and PERSONAL GROWTH AND LEARNING
* Career Path and Advancement. We’re passionate about your growth - as a person and in your career. Every Motivf teammate can choose from one or both of 2 career advancement tracks: (1) Leadership/People Development and (2) Expertise Development. In order to advance in a career, not everyone has to be good at managing people. Some people just want to keep learning and keep getting better at what they do.
* Continuous Learning. Because we work in a rich web of disciplines, fields, clients, and industries, opportunities for creativity and learning are everywhere. You’ll enjoy abundant redeployment opportunities. Because we do many kinds of projects for many kinds of clients, we always have interesting jobs to learn and do, and we’re able to assign you to work based on your talents, drive, and interests.
* Powerful Learning Network. Many of our clients include their members in our Agile SCRUM teams. We have also done prime and subcontracts with over 30 partners, with whom we often share Slack channels and physical workspaces.
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse