Organization: Kosciusko County Surveyor's Office
Title: GIS Management Technician
Location: Warsaw, IN USA
GIS Management Technician – Surveyor
Kosciusko County, Indiana
Full-Time - Monday - Friday - 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM - 37.5 hours
Starting Wage: $20.30
• Prepare Geographic Information System (GIS) digital drain location maps and watershed maps from field surveys, topography surveys and GPS survey data. Edit and maintain maps on a daily basis.
• Create and maintain database for all work orders for ditch repair. Maintain related financial information, including balances, debts and collections on spreadsheets.
• Prepare drain reconstruction reports for public hearings and submits duplicates to the Auditor and Treasurer.
• Calculate and delineate parcel acreage affected by multiple watersheds.
• Create and maintain on a daily basis a watershed management and construction database layer supported by data related projects, work orders, inspections and reconstructions, and any Army Corps, Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) or Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) related projects.
• Maintain links to watershed management database field notes, original reports, survey reports and public hearing information.
• Training coworkers on all duties including but not limited to, computer and mastery skills.
• Create and maintain section corner perpetuation of GIS database layer meeting all minimum requirements for IC 13-2-12-11. including descriptive monumentation, reference ties and GPS state plane coordinates.
• Serve as technological liaison between the GIS Director and Surveyor's office.
• Assist as needed with preparation of maintenance and reconstruction reports and public hearing notifications.
• Answer telephone and greet visitors, responding to inquiries, providing information, including preparation of GIS maps and/or copies of documents on demand made by the public.
• Prepare digital data and deliver that information/data.
• High School diploma/GED
• Previous related experience in GIS is preferred.
• Ability to receive continual GIS related training.
• Ability to meet all employer and department hiring requirements, including passage of a drug test.
• Working knowledge of and ability to make practical application of GIS map software, digitized mapping processes and standard GIS applications and equipment.
• Thorough knowledge of Public Land Survey System descriptions. Ability to interpret legal descriptions.
A link to the Kosciusko County Employment Application can
be found here:
For more information on this position contact the Kosciusko County Surveyor:
100 W Center St
Warsaw, IN 46580
email: [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse