Organization: Hixson Utility District
Title: GIS Technician
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Responsible for gathering, producing, maintaining, analyzing, and reporting of Geographic Information System (GIS) data; preparing and updating maps and exhibits with GIS datasets; and using GIS data, applications, and tools to identify and solve problems for the management and operations staff. Utilize GPS to locate and field verify assets. Support asset management through a GIS-centric asset management system.
- Operate computer workstation to create and update maps for internal and external use utilizing latest ESRI software. Convert data collected from field operations into GIS database with proper and accurate spatial location. Maintain GIS attribute tables from data collected through various sources.
- Assist with creation, maintenance, and utilization of GIS-centric asset management system.
- Utilize mapping grade GPS to field verify and accurately locate assets and update GIS data accordingly. Configure GPS settings to collect location data within horizontal and vertical tolerance limits.
- Continue to develop expertise in GIS. Participate in workshops, training, or vendor presentations introducing evolving GIS technology, new products and upgrades. Perform other related functions to support the GIS program and other duties as needed.
- Understanding of GIS software, topology/geometric network techniques, data model formats, and data conversion practices.
- Working knowledge of GIS related software, desktop mapping, web mapping, GPS, and database/spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of CAD and related software and GIS/CAD interoperability.
- Familiarity with relational databases and working within a SQL enterprise environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage time across multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to seek input/feedback and coordinate with other team members.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in use of tablet and handheld electronic devices.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent course work at a technical school, in geographic information systems, geography, planning, civil engineering, computer science, or a related field.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a copy of your resume to [email protected]
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse