Organization: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc.
Title: Jr. GIS Administrator
Location: San Diego, CA USA
About the role: The Junior GIS Administrator assists the IT team with the administration, creation, and automation of GIS/IT services used by clients and internal staff. This is a Junior position so the candidate is not expected to have a complete understanding of all the systems or significant experience in application development. It is expected that the candidate will have some familiarity with Python and potentially other programming languages as well as an affinity for problem-solving and debugging GIS/IT issues. The long-term goal of the position is to get a firm level of understanding and proficiency with ESRI GIS administration and branch out and gain more specialized IT/GIS skills such as mobile application development, IT/network security, ArcGIS online/web GIS administration, SQL/Oracle database administration, and Amazon Web services (AWS).
- Administering ArcGIS Enterprise environments
- Responding rapidly to outages
- Debug issues with clients and internal staff
- Help develop automated processes and tools for both the enterprise environment, internal staff, and clients
- Aid in administering Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Full-time, hourly position. Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Health benefits, including coverage for dependents (after 90 days)
- 401k retirement plan up to 4% match (after 1 year)
- Paid time off
- Professional development support - conferences, classes, etc.
- Phone and laptop reimbursements
Successful Candidate must have:
- Detailed knowledge of the Esri ArcGIS technology stack
- Understanding of Python and the Arcpy Library
- Ability to identify opportunities for GIS to bring value to clients
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to clearly document work in technical and non-technical writing
- Capacity and passion to rapidly learn on the job
- Enthusiastic about sharing the value GIS can bring to projects
- Willing to perform duties outside of the basic job description and quickly expand skill set into new areas
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing objectives and priorities
- Passion to expand skills and knowledge of IT and GIS
Evari is a small, tight-knit team consisting of hard-working members who love bringing value to our clients through the use of GIS technology. We pride ourselves on always providing cutting-edge solutions and evolving with the industry. Our clients value our commitment to their success, our willingness to adjust to meet their unique business needs, and our professionalism under all circumstances.
About Us: Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. was founded in 2009 with the mission of bringing value to clients through the high-quality implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and related technologies. Evari GIS is a boutique consulting firm specializing in delivering custom GIS solutions for clients on the ArcGIS technology stack and Amazon Web Services platform. Evari GIS Consulting is a fast-growing business with one foot in traditional GIS Consulting and another in the innovation community. Evari’s clientele includes some of the largest private companies, investor-owned utilities, and municipalities in the United States. The firm balances broad national relationships with a deep connection to the local San Diego community. Evari is currently under contract to provide GIS consulting services on traffic, planning, stormwater, street and roadway lighting, and energy services projects, among others.
The selected candidate will work out of Evari GIS Consulting offices located in the heart of the North Park neighborhood in San Diego, CA. Travel may be expected approximately 5% of the time. The candidate will primarily travel to pre-bid meetings, interviews, trade shows and presentations in clients’ offices. Travel requirements and durations will vary.
Evari is working remotely until the management team deems it safe to return to the office. We have a COVID-19 response protocol that is designed to be more restrictive than current health guidelines. Evari follows all local rules and regulations.
How to apply:
Please submit a 1-page cover letter to [email protected] explaining your interest in the position. Please also include a 1-page resume for consideration. This position is open until filled.
Evari GIS Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Contents © 1999-2021. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse