Organization: CITY OF JACKSONVILLE
Title: Senior GIS Software Developer
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Finance and Administration Department is actively seeking a Senior GIS Software Developer.
The Senior GIS Software Developer reports to the GIS Manager and is responsible for performing the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and modification of automated geographic information systems, databases, software, and equipment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Primary responsibilities include the following:
• Designs and develops Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications and integrates GIS web services with .Net applications.
• Maintain and support Arcgis Server and ArcObject applications in development, QA, and production environments.
• Ensures GIS applications adhere to current IT infrastructure to maintain performance and scalability.
• Provides recommendations for technicians on map publishing techniques to ensure data integrity and continuation of operations.
• Develops new applications as well as enhancements and migration of existing applications.
• Develops applications in the mobile environment meeting the needs of city operations and the general public.
• Assigns, oversees, and monitors the work of others.
• Performs other job related duties as required.
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of specialized GIS software including Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) ArcGIS for Desktop products and doing GIS Data Modeling and Geodatabase Administration.
• Experience with GIS application development, using desktop and web-based tools (preferably ESRI ArcGIS Server and ArcObjects).
• Knowledge, understanding and utilization of the standard ESRI methodology of geodatabase design.
• Knowledge and understanding of how to resolve version conflicts, resolve spatial (topology) and attributes errors that arise during versioning and exporting of updated (edited) data in ArcSDE.
• Ability to create and administer multi-versioned Geodatabase and performing multi-user edits (reconcile and post) for ArcGIS client applications.
• Ability to oversee and monitor the work of others.
OPEN REQUIREMENTS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
• Six years of education and/or professional experience in the analysis, design, and development of automated geographic information systems which includes at least three years utilizing ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE software, and related databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, or Sybase.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED.
• Apply at www.coj.net/jobs. NEOGOV works best with Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer version 11 or higher browsers. Please try to apply using one of these browsers. You may have to cut and paste the link into the browser's search area. Be sure to add coj.net to your address book to ensure you receive email notifications. You may also check your application status at any time by logging into your account.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse