Organization: CITY OF JACKSONVILLE
Title: GIS Systems Administrator
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
Did you know as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 12 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This is professional work at the lead worker level in coordinating the analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and modification of geographic information systems and GIS systems and service infrastructure. The work requires a seasoned understanding of, and application of the principles, and practices used to analyze, design, implement, maintain, and modify GIS, databases, systems software, and equipment gained through degree granting schools, or equivalent experience, supplemented by substantial work experience. May assign, oversee, and monitor the work of others.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Plans, organizes, and directs the analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and modification of GIS software architecture.
• Supports and enables the systems that allow the design of enterprise GIS web and desktop applications in a team environment for the City of Jacksonville.
• Develops and implements GIS architecture, and hardware and software infrastructure plans for GIS systems.
• Plans, monitors, and administers system usage and coordinates database interaction with other systems and applications.
• Conducts geographic analyses including development services, geoprocesses, and computer programs.
• Architects GIS data management solutions for the City’s core businesses primarily using ESRI technologies.
• Advises and trains system users on GIS methods and techniques and coordinates with others on GIS projects.
• Design and integrate GIS components into larger, web-based information management systems.
• Configures and maintains ArcSDE (Spatial Database Engine) server for development and production environments.
• Administers geometric networks and network datasets.
• Performs server optimization for ArcGIS servers.
• Resolves version conflicts, spatial (topology) and attribute errors that arise during versioning and exports updated (edited) data in ArcSDE.
• May assigns, oversees, and monitors the work of others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, methods, and procedures used to analyze, design, implement, maintain, and modify, databases, software, and equipment.
• Ability to perform IIS administration (version 8.0 and above) and Web Adapter administration for ArcPro, ESRI Portal and ArcGIS Server/Enterprise.
• Knowledge of specialized GIS software including ESRI products ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, and the administration of ArcGIS Server, ArcEngine, ArcGIS Desktop Advanced, ArcGIS Online, and ArcPro software.
• Knowledge of databases such as SQLServer (including 2008 and later) or Oracle.
• Knowledge, understanding and utilization of the standard ESRI methodology of geodatabase design.
• Knowledge and understanding of how to resolve version conflicts, resolve spatial (topology) and attributes errors that arise during versioning and exporting of updated (edited) data in ArcSDE.
• Skill in project management of geographic information systems.
• Skill creating and administering multi-versioned Geodatabases.
• Ability to assign, oversee, and monitor the work of others.
• Ability to write technical proposals for GIS applications.
• Ability to learn new concepts and collaborate with others.
OPEN REQUIREMENTS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
• Eight years of education and/or professional experience in the analysis, design and implementation of geographic information systems which includes at least three years utilizing ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE software, and related databases such as Oracle, SQLServer, or MS SQL.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED.
• Apply at www.coj.net/jobs. Work history is required for all employment/volunteer work in which qualifications are being based. When meeting/basing qualifications on education, a copy of your college transcript, with your social blacked out, is required with your application. Transcripts do not need to be official, but must state your name, the school’s name, classes taken, grades received, type of degree, and date degree was conferred.
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse