Organization: geocgi, LLC
Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Multiple Locations
At geocgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started out and remain GIS experts (or geeks. . . depending on your perspective). Since 2006, we’ve evolved into a world-class and world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics that drive client, professional, and personal success. geocgi is looking for GIS Analysts to support the Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC) Southeast (SE) GeoReadiness Center (GRC). These positions will support the GRC full-time and on-site from Navy installations in Jacksonville, FL; Key West, FL; Kingsville, TX; Corpus Christi, TX; and Millington, TN. Candidates will be responsible for collecting, creating, updating, maintaining, and verifying GIS data; maintenance of standard installation map products and creation of customized map products for customers; training and mentoring GIS users; and responding to GIS requests from Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC), NAVFAC, and the SE GRC.
• Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills within a new industry.
• An active and collaborative team member.
• An above average communicator, comfortable with technical writing, as well as public speaking.
• Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one time.
• Passionate about the geospatial industry and new technology.
As an employee of geocgi, the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
• Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
• Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses.
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting.
• Flexible work hours and PTO.
• Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals.
• Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the GIS Analyst:
• US Citizen
• DoD Secret Clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, or IT related field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in GIS using ArcGIS 10.x Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, and related geospatial software tools.
• Advanced experience and progressive competency in Esri software to include collecting, editing, manipulating, analyzing, and maintaining geospatial data in a versioned environment.
• Advanced experience working with spatial, analytical, and cartographic techniques.
• Advanced experience creating and manipulating spatial data from a variety of sources such as CAD drawings, GPS data, as-built drawings, historical maps, and survey notes.
• Significant experience with Global Positioning Systems (GPS) technology in field data collection and the integration of GPS data with GIS.
• Significant knowledge of theories, principles, and best practices used within GIS databases, software, and equipment.
• Working experience applying GIS technologies to help understand and resolve business issues.
• Knowledge of the Spatial Data Standard for Infrastructure and Environment (SDSFIE).
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
Please visit the link below to apply.
geocgi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042
All Contents © 1999-2022. The GIS Jobs Clearinghouse