Organization: Orlando Utilities Commission
Title: GIS Supervisor (Operations)
Location: Orlando, FL
We are hiring a GIS Supervisor in the GIS Technical Service department of Information Technology!
Apply using this Link:
What is it like to work at OUC?
As one of the top employers in Central Florida, OUC offers stability, career growth, a strong culture of family & work-life balance, employee focused benefits and wellness program, and a hybrid retirement program. Over the last century, as Orlando evolved from a small town into a vibrant city, OUC–The Reliable One has been a community backbone, serving residential and commercial customers with dependable, low-cost electric and water services.
• OUC is an integral part of the Central Florida community serving the city of Orlando and other areas of Orange County with electric and water services along with sustainable alternatives.
• OUC recognizes and rewards employees for their work in the local community.
• OUC fosters an environment of Innovation and forward thinking
• OUC’s vision is to be recognized as the best utility in the nation
• OUC is focused on providing employees a safe and collaborative work environment where personal, family, and professional goals align
GIS Supervisor Job Purpose:
Provide leadership, advisement, coordination and oversight to all aspects of GIS Technical Services operations, including but not limited to the entire as-built process; GIS data accuracy and completeness; internal and external map and data requests; GIS analysis and reporting; and staff development.
GIS Supervisor Primary Functions:
• Supervision, training and development of assigned staff;
• Manage the work of the team by providing direction on day-to-day activities while ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures and quality development and documentation standards;
• Participate in and/or recommend on employee hire, suspension, discharge, reward, and discipline;
• Act as a subject matter expert for the ArcGIS/ArcFM platform and the GIS as-built process workflow and standards;
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, or other field of study where geospatial principles are applied.
• Minimum of five (5) years of extensive experience in the usage and configuration of Esri ArcGIS.
o Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the electric and/or water utility industry
o Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a GIS Technician/Analyst or similar role (preferred)
o Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing or supervising teams (preferred)
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Schneider Electric ArcFM GIS (preferred)
• Must possess extensive knowledge of the theory, principles, and usage of GIS
• GIS Professional (GISP) certification (preferred)