Title: Lead GIS Editor
Location: Lenexa, Kansas, United States, 66219
WaterOne is an independent public water utility. We've been proudly serving the Johnson County, Kansas area since 1957. Every day, nearly 425,000 customers rely on WaterOne to provide fresh, clean water on demand. It's a responsibility we deliver on.
Our passion is water because water touches everything we care about: family, health, safety, and community. We serve our community by bringing award-winning water to their homes, businesses, and public places.
The purpose of this position is to supervise a team of employees who provide design drawings for construction and maintenance projects and who edit/maintain the GIS database of the WaterOne distribution system.
Customer Service Commitment
WaterOne employees shall continuously strive to meet or exceed the expectations of both their internal and external customers. Questions and concerns shall be acknowledged on the same day whenever possible, but no later than the next business day. Issues shall be resolved as promptly as possible, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Edit and maintain the WaterOne distribution and production GIS data.
- Comply with quality assurance procedures to achieve quality control.
- Follow best practices of data entry to ensure GIS data integrity.
- Format and create drawings and incorporate revisions for WaterOne main extensions, main replacements, main relocations, new main construction, exhibits, and presentations.
- Provide technical support and mapping assistance for GIS Editors and CAD Technicians.
- Create and modify maps as requested.
- Provide timely information in response to inquiries regarding WaterOne facilities to WaterOne personnel and the public.
- Direct the activities of, delegate work to, guide/support, and provide priorities to assigned staff.
- Establish drawing standards and ensure compliance.
- Oversee compilation, editing, and maintenance of GIS attribute data along with associated documentation.
- Maintain GIS data quality control and quality assurance procedures in coordination with the Geospatial Services Department.
- Respond to customer requests using established procedures and protocol.
- Process time sheets, monitor attendance, and prepare performance appraisals for assigned staff.
- Document, review, update, and monitor departmental procedures and processes for continuous improvement.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
These key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
- Tech savvy – Anticipates and adopts innovations in technology applications.
- Directs work – Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Plans and aligns – Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with department/organizational goals.
- Optimizes work processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or a related technical field; three years' experience editing GIS mapping data set; three years' experience in the utility or engineering field as it relates to construction drawing preparation and record maintenance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interpret and create plan and profile drawings using AutoCAD and legal descriptions.
- Knowledge of regional cadastral survey specifications.
- Demonstrated spatial analysis and good analytical mapping skills.
- Detailed orientated.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks concurrently.
- Proficiency or ability to become proficient in the use of SAP, GIS, AutoCAD, and Johnson County Kansas Automated Information Mapping System (AIMS) software applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software with emphasis in Excel, Word, SharePoint, Office 365, and Outlook.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all WaterOne personnel and customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be a good listener.
- Good analytical, cartographic mapping, spatial analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document pertinent conversations, behavior, and events.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships, be teamwork oriented, have a cooperative attitude, and exhibit diplomacy and judgment when working with staff members, developers, contractors, and the public.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and provide direction, guidance, inspiration, and support to the workforce and foster a high respect/high performance environment.
- Must pass post offer medical exam, including drug screen and background verification.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Experience using ArcGIS software.
- Experience using AutoCAD software.
- Utility GIS mapping experience.
- Utility AutoCAD construction drawings creation experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to move or move/lift items weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally. The employee must be able to use a computer for eight hours a day. The employee must be able to move occasionally from one location to another or be able to remain in a stationary position for up to several hours a day. The employee must be able to use office productivity equipment such as a personal computer, calculator, printer, scanner, and copy machine.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Protective equipment, including but not limited to personal protective equipment for eyes, face, head, and extremities, protective clothing, respiratory devices, and protective shields and barriers, may be required and shall be maintained in a sanitary and reliable condition wherever it is necessary by reason of hazards of process or environment, chemical hazards, or mechanical hazard encountered in a manner capable of causing injury or impairment in the function of any part of the body through absorption, inhalation or physical contact.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/mgz7dp76fmbs5k4f