Organization: The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Title: Acquisition / Geodetic Manager
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Acquisition/Geodetic Manager manages and coordinates activities of personnel of the Acquisition and Survey department in acquisition of data for Aerial Optical and Lidar, Mobile Lidar, Ground Lidar and survey data ensuring production and quality standards are met for a diverse set of projects for a variety of clients of varying sizes. The primary responsibilities of the position are to provide leadership, direction, and oversight to Sanborn’s pilots, sensor operators, surveyors, and mechanics. . The position is also responsible for include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and supervising work; appraising performance; planning and executing schedules and estimating and tracking cost and budgets.
This position plays a key role in customer service including pre-proposal contacts, proposal preparation and presentations, review and execution of technical specifications. The position is also responsible for processing of aerial and ground control for remote sensing, maintenance and planning for all sensors, aircraft, and related equipment and coordination with the Project Management Office for subcontracted activities.
• Implements and is responsible for the execution and oversight of all in house data acquisition and surveying activities..
• Develops plans to meet time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project, technology to be used, specifications, cost and budgets.
• Works with Sales, Program Management, Operations and Proposals to develop new business opportunities and develop customer requirements.
• Reviews all technical scope and specifications and distributes to operations/subcontractors.
• Directs reporting staff to outline work-plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to execute responsibilities. Meets regularly to assess progress and develop corrective action when required. Coordinates work between office staff, Acquisition Staff, Field Survey Personnel, and other required professionals, ensures accurate, thorough, correct work and continuous communication on all project stakeholders.
• Manages project surveying and mapping with GPS and conventional surveying methods using Laser scanning, GPS Control, Topographic, GIS, and CAD/Microstation/Geopak.
• Oversight and review of project lifecycle data acquisition requirements.
• Prepare and execute quality control reviews, safety and quality assurance procedures.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, professional publications, networking, and professional affiliations
• Directs and coordinates activities of personnel to provide technical advice, resolve issues, and ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Prepares reports for management and clients and reviews status and project reports prepared by acquisition and survey personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
• Coordinates project activities with all required interested parties.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• Certified Photogrammetrist or Professional Land Surveyor is preferred.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to understand contracts, technical statements of work and perform each duty listed above satisfactorily.
• Must possess excellent communication, diplomacy and listening skills; specifically, be accessible and responsive to the needs of clients and staff at all levels of the organization.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Geography, Geomantic, or Engineering);
• Minimum five years of experience in Land Surveying and Aerial Surveying or Mapping
This position has specific supervisory responsibilities of 20 to 30 personnel, depending on business needs.
Sanborn offers a comprehensive health and wellness program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, holiday, PTO, EAP, disability and life insurance benefits.
TO APPLY: Visit our website: www.Sanborn.com to apply for this position. Sanborn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.